Monday, July 15, 2019

Bag #2 Completed

Yesterday was another warm and humid day. Though the high got to 26C, the humidex said 30C. We had a shower late in the afternoon and another one in the evening. Today is suppose to be similar in temperature but with no showers. 

Lifestyle

I got the dining area cleaned up and the table disinfected. Yes, I'm on a disinfecting streak. The floors were swept ready to be washed. It didn't take too long as everything is pretty well organized. 
The laundry was folded and put away in record time and I'm ready to launder the blankets in the living room. 
We watched the second to last performance of the Calgary Stampede yesterday and recorded the last performance to watch tonight. With a 3 hour difference in time, the last performance was late coming on. 

Sewing

I cracked the whip on the second bag and finished it while watching the Calgary Stampede. I really do like this bag. 
I did match up yarn to fabric so I can sew a doll's skirt today. I need something quick and easy to sew. I also made a flower for the doll's hat but think it is too big. I'll take it off and redo it this afternoon. I can hand sew while watching TV. 
I will measure the lace I used as a flower on another hat to get the correct width. Experimenting is fun. 

Knitting

I finished the bolero and am happy I didn't trash it. 
There is always something to learn from our mistakes. I did a lot of internet searching and am trying something new. Yes, I cast on another bolero in the same color. This time, I'm slipping the first stitch purl wise and purling the last stitch. I omitted the first and last marker and am doing a Make 1 Right and Make 1 Left where those markers should be. I will study the videos again before I pick up the necessary stitches. 
I am suppose to receive a pattern to test knit. I have the yarn out and I'm ready to go. 

Today

The goal is to clean up the living area, wash the blankets on the furniture, dust, and sweep the floor. Then it's downstairs to sew a basic gathered skirt for the dolls. We also need to grocery shop as we need a few things. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment