Saturday, July 20, 2019

Full Blooming Tomatoes

We are under a heat wave warning for the next two days. It has been sunny, warmer, and dry for the last couple of days. Yesterday's high was 28C and today is suppose to get to 30-32C. Nights will be warm which means a/c runs 24 hours a day. 

Lifestyle

After I got home from shopping, the Spousal Unit asked if I would look at the garden with him. The grape tomato plants were in full bloom. 
We are lining up people to get free tomatoes this summer. Especially grape tomatoes. 
I've been watching Fixer Upper reruns and I really shouldn't do that. I really want to fix up our kitchen and have it look more farm house. I can't change the cupboards but I can change the counter tops. I want to look at a farmhouse sink and if that doesn't work, I'll go with a colored sink. My inspiration is this kitchen from Pinterest. 
I'd love a shelf above the window and will ask about that when the contractor arrives to paint and do the work we want done. Though our house will be grey, this gives me lots of ideas on what I can do if I can't go with the farmhouse sink. 

Health

I'm slowly getting better. I am now on probiotics and it has helped in less than 24 hours. I am still on a pretty restricted diet at the moment but will start adding some of the foods I like in a couple of weeks. 

Sewing

I told the Spousal Unit that I want one peg board hung by the sewing machine today. It will hold the embroidery hoops for my sewing machine. That will get another tub out of the room. 
I have printed the test pattern and will be ready to work on it today. I will also look to see if I have fusible fleece as I want to test this bag. I bought the class Zip It Up on Craftsy so am following along as she makes one. First one will be made from the lady bug and black fabrics. Zipper will be red. 
I have printed out the test pattern for the dress and will start it today. I would love to have it done by Monday. With the heat wave, I'll work in the basement to keep cool. 

Knitting

I unknit 6 rows to fix the yarn issue and have gotten them reknit and one more row done. I want it done by Monday as I have another pattern to test. One I wasn't expecting. 

Today

Sewing and laundry are the name of the game. Too hot to do much else. Even folding laundry will be a chore as our bedroom will be warm. It gets a lot of morning sun and I even keep the curtains pulled. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment