Sunday, July 07, 2019

Under A Heat Warning

The weather has been hot here. We were under a heat warning for 3 days with temperatures ranging from 30 to 34C and humidex readings up to 38C. The wind was hot and everyone was indoors staying cool. Our street was empty of children. Last evening, we had a thunderstorm and the rain cooled the temperature down to 16C; 5C lower than it has been for the past few mornings. 

Lifestyle

Grandson made it through week 1 of swimming and has 1 more week to go. He is certainly stronger this summer than last. 
Elliott has been sick. He laid around on Friday not eating or drinking. He was hot and lethargic. He got up in the evening for a while. Yesterday morning was the same so off to the vet he went. He had a fever and a sore tummy. He came home with medicine. He is feeling better and we assume he had a touch of something. We keep his shots up to date for an outside cat even though he is inside. 
The Spousal Unit and I have been watching the Calgary Stampede. We stopped for a few years because we didn't know any of the contestants but this year we know some that are in Pool A. I taught one of the barrel racers when she was in grade 1. 

Sewing

I went to the fabric store on Friday while shopping. I got 2 pieces of fabric; one for bags and one for the dolls. 

This fabric was on a good sale - but 3 meters for the price of 1. So I bought 3 meters plus .5 meter as a remnant (1.87 for it). The buttons are for bags I am going to make out of it. The remnant is for lining the left over piece of linen. 
The other piece is an orange and white stripe for an apron for the dolls. 
While grocery shopping, I did find a dark red ribbon to go with the grey plaid dress and sweater I made. 
I finished the bag yesterday and put a beautiful cream colored button as a closure. 
I also made one more lobster print placemat. One more to go and I'll start on other sewing. 

Knitting

I'm within 5 rows of casting off the test pattern. It has been a lot of work and used up a good 50 grams of yarn. I'm up to 235 stitches on the needle. Hopefully I'll have it ready to block by Tuesday. 
My next project is to crochet a pair of shoes for the dolls. I bought black and red no.5 cotton for the project. The soles will have to done during the day as they are black. But it will be a fun challenge to do this. 

Today

I'd hoped to weed the hedge today but it is too wet. I'll do some housework and sewing instead. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment