Sunday, July 14, 2019

Learning Something New In Knitting

Yesterday was cloudy for most of the day but the high got to  25C. The humidity was around 90% all day and the humidex got the temperature equal to 30C. It was a sauna when you went outside in the afternoon. Two boys next door to us spent the afternoon playing in a pool of water under the deck trying to keep cool. 

Lifestyle

I have been trying to keep up with the housework the past two weeks and yesterday morning the focus was the kitchen. I disinfected all the work counters and put away a few items. It is nice to have it really clean in there. The floor was swept and is ready for washing. I will keep it swept until I can do it. 
The laundry was done and is ready to fold this morning. When it was time to fold, it was time to watch the Calgary Stampede. 

Sewing

I only had 3 hours to sew yesterday and I made the most of it. I made piping for the handles and love the look of it. 
The second edge has since been topped stitched on the one strap.
That was an experiment well done. I can add it to other bags if I wish. 
The bag is ready for its closure tab and lining. I'm happy with the result. 
I looked for a piece of fabric to show daughter. I'm going to make a special bag for two young girls who love lady bugs. 
I even have lady bug buttons to put on it. I just need to hunt for red fabric for the bottom part of the bag, handles, and lining. 
Once I am done the horse bag, I am going to sew a doll's skirt. Very simple tiered skirt which I will add lace to. I need a skirt to go with the next test pattern I will be knitting.

Knitting

I just about threw the Bella Bolero into the trash bin. I was so upset with it. Where I had to pick up the stitches looked a mess. 
I decided there was a lesson to learn so I worked on picking up the stitches and have almost finished the bolero. I'm not 100% happy with it but it will do as a learning project. I'm going to swatch what we do with increasing like the pattern calls for at each end. Then I'm going to practice picking up stitches at each end to see if I can get the look I want. This is a practice to make perfect technique I want to master. I will keep you posted. 

Today

Laundry needs to be folded and the dining area needs to be cleaned up. I would like to finish the bag and start prepping for the doll's skirt I want to make. Then I can start the next bag. 
Until the next time..........................
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment