Friday, July 26, 2019

A Day Out and About

Yesterday was somewhat cooler and we loved it. It is going to warm up again for the next week. This morning it was 11C which is lovely. 

Lifestyle

It was out and about yesterday. We decided to head out to a tack shop in Coldbrook to get vet wraps for the prize bag we have donated to a barrel race at the end of September. It is done. 
I also spotted this cute hat and may have to go back and get it for a gift. 
The next stop was the used book store. The Spousal Unit traded in his books for more and he found a new author. 
After that, we headed down to Kentville and up to Canning. We picked up the prime rib roast for the birthday dinner tonight. We also bought pork chops for dinner last night and they were the best we've had in a long time. 
The garden is doing well and we have both tomatoes and cucumbers growing. 
These are Early girls which will be great sliced on hamburgers. 
And grape tomatoes. Everyone will be getting free grape tomatoes when they ripen.
The English long cucumbers are growing also. 
The plants love their location as they get a lot of sun - early morning to late afternoon. 

Sewing

No sewing done yesterday. I am waiting for a box to arrive as it has ultra suede and leather in it. I'm thinking fringe on the next bag. 
The next doll outfit is brewing and I want to sew up the piece and toss the scraps. I'm looking at patterns so I can make it. 

Knitting

I didn't knit a stitch yesterday. The humidity made me tired so I rested after we got home. I read instead. 
I did find yarn in the store above the bookshop. I didn't buy it but have it for future reference. 
I need to knit down a bunch of yarn before I can buy this. 

Today

I'm busy preparing dinner for family. Prime rib on the BBQ, roasted vegetables, and a tomato/cucumber/onion salad. Ice cream cake for desert which we have friends coming over to share. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment