Tuesday, November 07, 2023

The Shirt Is Cut Out

 Though quite sunny,  yesterday was cool with a high of 6.2C. This morning it is 2C. We are to have showers this afternoon with a high of 11C.

Lifestyle

I started yoga doing 5 minutes of windshield wiper and then proceeded to do my other exercises. What a difference it made. The soreness was almost gone. The cracking I heard had things aligning up properly. It was a good session. 

I started off the morning wiping down the counters in the kitchen and making sure the sink, cabinet doors, and appliances were clean. I swept the floor and when I did around the fridge a lot of fluff and dirt came out. I got the duster and removed as much as I could. I started to mop the floor, hated the job I was doing so did the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. It looks so much better. I ended my cleaning by sweeping the remaining floors. 

I did 2 loads of laundry also and it is ready to fold. The 4th box got lined with batting and is ready for me to pack and ship next week. I also made a stew in the Instant Pot. I put in lots of vegetables and it was delicious. I have enough for dinner tonight. 

Sewing

I spent 2 hours in the sewing room cutting out the shirt pattern. I spent a lot of time making sure all the pieces were matching. 

I was tired from standing so long but I did get the job done. Next up is to read the instructions and follow along with Pamela Howard on Craftsy. I bought her class on The Classic Tailored Shirt when we lived in Ashcroft. 

Knitting

None done last night. I am fighting with time change and struggled to stay awake last night. 

Thoughts

    I have been eating correctly for a few days now and have lost weight. I am now down 54 lbs and 3.8 lbs from the doctor's goal. It feels good to be close to that goal and I still want to loose more weight. 

    I am hoping that doing a couple of different exercises and backing off on the intensity of the ones I am doing will help my hip and knee. I am building muscles to hold those joints in their correct position. I am lubricating the joints so they can rotate easier in the sockets. I need to work on not overdoing the muscles that affect the joints as they flare up. Such a fine line when dealing with what to do and what not to do. 

    I am happy with how the upstairs is staying cleaner. I find that I can sweep every other day and do spot checking every day. As soon as the living room is cleaned up, I will be starting downstairs and will alternate days cleaning it and the upstairs. 

Today

I have osteopathy this morning and hope that I can do the butterfly yoga move before I go. I am going into Sackville after my appointment to ship the parcel and do a few things before heading home. If it isn't raining, I would like to put the lawn chairs back into the shed for the winter. Sewing this afternoon will be the yoke on the shirt. I want to knit tonight. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment