Tuesday, November 28, 2023

A Wine Bag is Made

Yesterday was a wet one. And dark also. We had almost an inch of rain and the high got to 10.9C. This morning it is clear and 2C. We are to have a mix of sun/clouds/rain/flurries and a high of 3C.

Lifestyle

I got yoga done yesterday and was sore due to the weather. The joints ache more than the muscles when the storms come in. I have to be more careful with the moves when I am sore but I get them done and feel better. 

The rain and dark were depressing. The rain was heavy most of the time and the ditch was over half full and running like a stream. The house was dark and it was hard to see when working on dark items. I could have hibernated but I didn't. 

Sewing

I was down into the sewing room before lunch and got 2.5 meters of piping made for daughter. I used a piece of fabric that I had taken interfacing off of. If it was going to be sticky, it wouldn't matter as the residue would be on the back side of the fabric. All was good. 

It is in a bag and the box ready to go to daughter today. That job is done. 

After lunch, I worked on the wine bottle. I put interfacing on the pieces and then more interfacing on it. This bag will stand up in a hurricane it is so stiff. Will not do that again. I sewed it up and the end result is cute. I did not put a ribbon casing in it as it was too stiff. I tied the ribbon around it. 

I put son's water bottle in the bag. It was designed for it though I am sure a bottle of wine will work also. 

I am trying to figure out what fabric I will use for the next bag. I have fat quarters I am trying to use up so size will be an issue. I have to do a bit of digging also. And I may have to buy some plain fabrics. I wait and see. 

The cutting table is a mess of fabrics so I need to organize it. I left the mess as it was time to make dinner and I need a good half hour to get it tidied up ready to make the next bags. 

Knitting

I started daughter-in-laws socks. I love the yarn even if the dark blue leaves my fingers blue (washes off easily). I have done 15 rows of ribbing and 8 rows of pattern. 

It is nice to be knitting socks once again. 

Thoughts

   I did a lot of sewing yesterday and it made me realize that I can do it but I don't have time to enjoy other things. I will have to sew a lot the next while so will see how I can balance life and sewing. 

    One string of lights that daughter-in-law put up around the door didn't work last night. I will have to replace them on Friday when it is warmer. I know that lights don't last forever but it didn't have to happen 10 days after they went up. 

    I have finally lost most of the weight I gained from the Covid vaccine, pain, IBS attacks, fluid, and some poor eating habits. It was hard slugging but it finally came off. I have lost 2.9 lbs of the 3.6 lbs I had gained. I want to loose another 2.9 lbs before I see the doctor in early January. I will be at the goal he set for me. It means I will have to be careful about what I eat between now and then. 

    I have done no cleaning in the family room for 2 days. I was too sore to get up and down off the floor and push things around. The other was too busy getting the last box ready to ship. I will get back to it tomorrow. I also need to do a bit of tidying up upstairs though I have been doing some each day. It certainly has helped keep that area looking nice. 

Today

I am out for osteopathy this morning then into Sackville to mail the last box to daughter and go to the Dollar Store. I want to be home early in the afternoon so I can apply heat to my hip and knee. I know it will be sore after the treatment. I doubt if I will sew but I may try to clean up the cutting table. I will knit some tonight though I will be tired. Thank goodness the pattern on the socks is easy. 

Until the next time.......................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment