Thursday, November 16, 2023

Another Busy Day

 Yesterday was both sunny and cloudy with a high of 6C. This morning it is 3C. We are to have sunshine and 11C today. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door early again as I had to go to Kentville to get the sticker for the licence plate. It was a lovely drive with lots of sunshine. One my way home, I stopped at the craft store and got 2 more tubes of baubles and some craft paper for a small project I want to craft. 

Once home, I spent a lot of the afternoon packing the last box to ship to daughter. I then cleaned up the spare bedroom, looked at the gifts for family and filled the dish with the new baubles. 

I am pleased with how it looks now. That room is decorated for Christmas. 

I was down under the stairs for a few minutes. I need to haul everything out from under there and start sorting it all into keep, donate, and trash. I have some paint cans that I need to take to recycle. It is going to take me a couple of days to dig my way through there and make some decisions. 

With jobs done, I set about getting all the recycle broke down and put into the bag and taken to the roadside for pick up. It was a bag full and it's gone from the house. While all of this was going on, I had a load of laundry on. 

Sewing

None done as I spent my time working upstairs. I needed to get things done and out of my way. 

Knitting

I have over half of the stitches picked up on the armhole. I made sure I had the right side facing me. I stopped as Elliott wanted to cuddle as I had basically ignored him most of the day. 

Thoughts

    I am going to make reindeer candy holders for friends and family for Christmas. I will be making them on the Cricut and putting a Lindor chocolate in the cut out hole for the nose. They will take an afternoon to cut out and assemble. I have the file ready to go. 

    I need to get back to sewing. I want to finish the shirt so I can make some more gift bags. It is time to start wrapping family's gifts. I am looking forward to getting the embroidery machine and Cricut going so I can decorate the bags. I may have to get some fabric. I'm okay with that. 

    My busy week ends tomorrow night. I have got a lot done this week. I am pleased with how much I am able to do now compared to what I could do in September. I will continue to keep busy as it is good for me both mentally and physically. 

Today

I need to sweep floors, do yoga, get a hair cut, sew and knit. I may go and have tea with a friend to see what she is up to. She was away for a week doing a course. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment