Tuesday, November 21, 2023

I'm Getting More Flexible

 We had snow, rain, and ice pellets fall until noon. Then it was a mix of sun and clouds. The high got to 1.7C. This morning it is -3C. We are to have sunshine, clouds, and maybe a few flurries today. The high is to get to 1C. 

Lifestyle

It did snow quite heavy in the morning leaving the roofs and grass white. The roads were wet. It was quite pretty outside but not what we wanted in November. 

I was out the door to physio and it was quite the session. I am now flexible enough to be having more complex moves done and one was to start moving my heel to my butt. It hurt some but felt good. The physiotherapist said I have improved a lot in the 2 months I have been going to her along with treatments at osteopathy. I just need to keep working hard at getting stronger. 

Once home, I vacuumed all the upstairs. It wasn't too bad but needed to be done. The floors need to be mopped and a few things done before I head down to clean the basement. I am getting there. 

I spent a quiet afternoon watching TV as I rested with heat on my hip and knee. The weather gave it a bit of a flare up but I kept working on walking around the house and applying heat. I was also tired from the work out I got at physio. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was too tired and sore. I had hoped to get the cuffs on. I did get the steps into my mind so I can do them quickly. 

I am going to make other shirts and have a red/black plaid to make. It isn't part of my basic wardrobe plan but it may be next on the garment making list. I have the opportunity to get the pattern I want today. First I have to finish a few other things that need to be made or finished. 

Knitting

None done yesterday though I did look at it briefly.

Thoughts

    I need to start making myself do things when I want to sit and escape from the world. I do know it is the date of when the Spousal Unit passed and one I still have problems with a day before and the day of. I still miss him a lot. 

    I binge watched videos on how to make Golden Book junk journals. There are so many ideas out there and it makes it hard to decide which one to make. I want to make one which I can use to store ideas, lists, etc for gifts, gardening, sewing, knitting, etc. Those papers can be tossed at the end of the year and new ones added. I am looking at pockets, paper clips, envelopes to hold the idea sheets. I have some very specific ideas which will start with looking for a book. 

    I am considering going to the walking path inside the arena. It has a rubber track which will be nice to walk on. I hope to walk 3 times a week in the winter so I can keep getting stronger. 

Today

I am off to the city with my friend. She has to pick up her quilting machine that was serviced. I will try to get a zipper and a shirt pattern. We are leaving at 9 am and she wants to be home by noon. I want to get the cuffs on the shirt after lunch and set up the 2nd arm hole on the vest tonight. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment