Sunday, November 26, 2023

If You Don't Use It........................

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and cloud with a high of -2.6C. The snow that fell has blown away. This morning it is -7C. We are to have it mainly sunny with a high of 5C. Warming up as rain is coming. 

Lifestyle

I got the yoga done and tried a new move which both of my knees screamed NO. I stopped immediately and figured out a softer way of doing the move. 

I was out the door to get groceries and was happy that the store wasn't too busy. I got what I needed and was home at noon. 

I was tired late in the afternoon. I am thinking it is two things. One - I am not sleeping as well as I could be. Two - I am going into hibernation mode. I notice I want to eat more in the evenings which means I am not sleeping as well. I need to fix that. The shorter days do it to me every year and I am trying to beat it this year. Very hard when you just want to snuggle down and stay warm. 

Elliott decided that he was going to have dinner lying down. He can be such a dork.

Sewing

I went down with full intentions of getting the vinyl cut and onto a wine bag and then sewing on the shirt buttons. That did not happen at all. 

I started off taking my time to get the Cricut set up to cut. The first round of vinyl went in and when was done, it had cut right through all layers so I had a mess. I tried again and the same thing. I sat and thought for a while. I looked up information on the internet. I thought some more. I did a test to make sure I was putting the vinyl "shiny" side down. It was easy on the Siser vinyl and hard on the Cricut vinyl. Finally I adjusted the cutting setting for the vinyl and tried the third time. It worked perfectly.

When I went to press the vinyl on, the Cricut vinyl didn't want to adhere and I ended up ironing it 4 times. I laid down the Siser vinyl and that piece was too wide. I cut it up and laid it down the way I thought was nicer. When I pressed it on, the Siser vinyl was a dream to adhere. 

I am happy with how it turned out. I cleaned up the work space making sure everything was put away neatly. It was 4:30 pm when I left the family room. No sewing on buttons at that time of the day. 

I have decided to do some cross stitching as I have the DMC thread. I found a picture that I can plot on paper using pencil crayons and have a bit of fun. 

Found on Pinterest

I want to do a running stitch around the picture and then fray the cloth. I will buy the Aida cloth when I go shopping. I also found a bunch of vegetable cross stitching that I will do. I have a plan churning in my head that will appear in the New Year. 

Knitting

I sewed and I unsewed the one side of the vest and finally got it finished. I am pleased that the side seam hardly shows. 

I spent the better part of the evening doing it as it was hard on my head and eyes to find the right stitches to pick up to sew. 

Hopefully I can get the other side sewn up in one evening. 

Thoughts

    The saying "if you don't use it, you'll loose it" was apparent when I started to use the Cricut yesterday. I really had to remember and relearn what I had forgotten over the months I haven't used it. I certainly will be using it more regularly now that I have the space cleaned up. 

    I enjoyed working in the family room now that I have most of it cleaned up. It is making me want to finish cleaning the basement. I do enjoy having the house tidy and clean. I will be starting to divide my cleaning time between up and down stairs. I hope that I can keep them clean 3 days a week. It means I have to be focused on not allowing a mess to occur when I am doing things. 

    I haven't been walking as the wind has been so cold. I want to start walking indoors as it is part of my exercise regime. On calm days I can walk outside as I love the fresh air. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet, yoga, laundry, and vacuum upstairs. I want to get the buttons on the shirt and sew one length of piping. I will sew up the second side on the vest hoping it will be done tonight or tomorrow night. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment