Saturday, November 04, 2023

A Day At The Forum

 Yesterday had sunshine and showers. The high got to 8.9C. This morning it is 8C and we are to have sunshine and showers and a high of 13C.

Lifestyle

I got my yoga done before we left for the Halifax forum. Only 1 crack which helped align the body. 

We had a wonderful day at the forum. I didn't trip anyone with my poles and only hit a couple of people. It was crowded in all 5 halls which includes 2 arena, 2 event halls, and a huge Bingo hall. This building was built in 1927 as the old one was destroyed by the Halifax Explosion in 1917. It is a heritage building that may be gone in the future due to the city's plans to update the facility. 

We walked about 1.5 km inside the forum looking at the 385 exhibits who came from as far away as PEI. There was a mix of antique and new Christmas decorations, signs, food, stickers, jewelry, and so much more. We snooped and laughed and enjoyed the 3+ hours we were there. I bought a few things including a skein of yarn to make daughter-in-law socks for Christmas. 

We did spend a lot of time with the two ladies who own this home based business. 

We left to take our friend for her covid vaccine and from there daughter-in-law and I went to get a few things. Our first stop was Lee Valley so I could pick up a couple of Christmas gifts. We weren't there very long and then were off to the new Asian grocery store. 

We spent quite a long time in that store walking up and down the aisles looking at all the stock they had. We got stocking stuffers which was fun. The hot food part smelled delicious. Daughter-in-law is excited to be able to buy items she uses when cooking. 

Once home, I sat with heat on for 45 minutes and then had to go and pick up grandson from school. I do enjoy doing that. He was off to the city for soccer training after he had dinner. 

I spent the evening trying to stay awake. I was tired from the day out. My hip and knee got a good workout which was good. I applied more heat to them and they were fine. I had a good night's sleep which helped them relax. 

Today

I will make some decisions after I do yoga this morning. I should have a rest day but I have things I need to do. I need groceries and I may go to the quilt shop closest to me. I would like to trace the shirt pattern today and knit tonight. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment