Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A Meat Slice Cover Made

 Yesterday was a cool one with the sun coming out late in the afternoon. The high got to 2.7C. It was cool last night with the low getting to -3C for a few hours before midnight. This morning it is -1C. Today we are to have a mix of sunshine and clouds with a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I did a bit more yoga than usual yesterday morning. It did feel good. I keep working on having my right leg in the proper position as I strengthen the muscles. 

I got the balance sheet done with only 2 mistakes and they were stupid ones. Once corrected all was well. I paid a couple of bills and put it all away for another week. 

I pushed myself with house cleaning and got all the floors washed and a few areas tidied up. I did use wet clothes on the floors as the pads for the mop were dirty. I also cleaned the bathroom which was good. I was done by noon and could feel that I had done a lot more than I am use to. But, the upstairs is now officially cleaned. 

I was out for potato and leek soup and fresh buns at family's. It was a delicious dinner that we all enjoy. Daughter-in-law has a great recipe for the soup. The leeks were from the garden. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday! I was in the room for 90 minutes and made a cover for family's meat slicer. I used rip stop nylon and it was fun to sew. Using a pattern I drafted, I drew the lines on the fabric and started sewing the corners. I made sure all the lines matched. The corner pieces were left on for extra thickness which were absolutely useless. I sewed the hem and it was done. I laundered it to get rid of the lines from the marker and gave it to them last night. No pictures as it doesn't stand up and isn't on the slicer yet. It was fairly easy to make and I am happy I got it made. The pattern has been tickling my brain for a few days now. 

I have decided to do a proper shirt lap on my shirt sleeves. Though they take a bit longer to put on, they are easier to construct. I also like how dressy they look on a shirt. Once the seams are serged, I can start on the laps. 

Knitting

I picked up the stitches on the first arm hole. I keep track of how many stitches I pick up after I divide each half of the arm hole into 4 sections. I knit 2 of the 7 rows and should get the ribbing done in another setting. 

Thoughts

    I have been watching videos on Christmas decor sold in different American stores. It has me itching to buy more decorations but I am being cautious. I have my cardinals that I love and don't want to get rid of. I am thinking of adding a few neutral pieces to the mix. No glitter though. I am thinking of buying a few blue and silver balls to put into an antique dish on the dresser in the spare bedroom. My bedroom will remain undecorated this year as I continue to look. I need to buy Christmas napkins for the dining room and put out what I have. I do love looking at the videos as they certainly give food for thought and some great ideas do evolve. 

    I have decided that I want to buy a 2 tiered tray and put out a few small decorations on it. I have a place for it to go. I will try to decorate it seasonally as I really need to do something fun in this house. For Christmas I can put cowboy snowmen and a couple other items on it. The snowmen can be used in January/February as those are our snowy months. 

    I have one more box to pack for daughter and I'm done shipping to her. Then it is onto wrapping family's gifts. I want to make some cloth gift bags so they can be reused year after year. I will be firing up the embroidery machine and the Cricut and have some fun. I can do this right up until Dec. 23. 

    I haven't taken pictures lately as there hasn't been anything inspiring from the sewing room or around the house. I noticed last night that the rose bush is still blooming but I haven't trekked out there to take a picture of it. I will try harder to take pictures. 

Today

I need to do some shopping and where I go will be decided after I pick up the mail. Once home, I hope to serge the seams on the shirt so I can finish it up in the next week. I want to knit tonight. I may even poke my head under the stairs and make a plan to clean it. It needs to be done before Christmas.

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment