Monday, November 27, 2023

Projects Are Completed

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds. The snow was gone with the wind. The high got to 5.5C. This morning it is cloudy and 3C. We are to have rain and a high of 11C. 

Lifestyle

I started the morning off in frustration. I went to print off the bank statement and the message said the printer was offline. Down stairs I went. Four trips later, I changed the ink cartridges and picked up the paper on the 5th trip. 

Next I sat down to do the balance sheet. The first entry took me 40 minutes to find the calculation mistakes I had made. The calculator I was using was messing up the tax on each group of items. I finally tried a different way to do the tax and it worked. The rest of the budget sheet went without any problems. Papers were put away into their right spots and I was done about 20 minutes before noon. 

On a side note - I keep all my receipts when I shop. When I do the balance sheet, I break down items as to where they go so I can see where I am spending my money. I can also see where I spend a lot of money (food). It also lets me know that I need to use the materials I have before I buy more (sewing and crafts). The excel program is free and I used it when I was a literacy coordinator to help people who wanted help financially. 

My last morning project was to sweep the floors and put the sheets into the dryer. I was ready for lunch. The bed got made at dinner time when I realized I hadn't done the job earlier. I really hustled to get it done while dinner cooked. 

Sewing

Even though I wanted to nap, I pushed myself down to the sewing room. I had to get things done so I can start new projects. First up was to make piping for daughter. 

I made 4 meters of it and it will look cute on something denim. 

Next up was to finish the shirt. I cut the button holes, gathered my supplies and sat in the family room to sew on 7 buttons. It took me a long time as I wanted them to look neat and tidy. It took longer than expected. 

It is very plain and shirt like. I am wearing it under the vest this winter so I will keep warm. The fabric is light weight. 

I looked at the wine bottle cover instructions and it is still confusing me. I don't remember it being that hard when I made it in 2009. I finally found my tutorial for the gift bags I adapted from the pattern and I can move forward now. I will document my progress when I go to make it. I will also be using this pattern for bags also. Those will happen after I make more piping. 

Knitting

I sewed up the other side of the vest. It took me quite a while as I would have to stop when my eyes crossed looking for the right purl stitch to slide the needle and yarn under to have a smooth finish. 

I wove all the loose yarn ends in and I am thrilled it is done. Next up socks. I can't wait to cast them on. 

Today

I want to do some cleaning and organizing up and down stairs this morning. This afternoon I need to make more piping so I can ship a box off to daughter tomorrow. If I have time, I will cut the lining for the wine bottle bag and interfacing with hopes of pressing it on to the fabric. I want to cast on the socks and start on them tonight. I need to do yoga today as I didn't do it yesterday. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment