Monday, November 13, 2023

A Busy Day

Yesterday's sunshine was a wonderful welcome as was the high of 5.4C. This morning it is 0C. We are to have a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 4C. 

Lifestyle

I did my yoga yesterday and worked hard on doing each move correctly. My hip and knee are turning out less now that I have been controlling where it goes and not pushing it beyond the start of pain. 

When done, I got up and cleaned the upstairs. The living room was finished and I got out the central vacuum and did all the floors. The living room floor was washed as was the spare room (litter box is in there). I got it done just before lunch and didn't take a lot of long breaks. I now am at the point of doing a bit of cleaning each day. The basement is next. 

I did 3 loads of laundry and got my bed changed. The next box is ready to be shipped to daughter and I have one more to fill and send. It will be done quickly as everything is nearly ready to go into the box. 

I was out the door after lunch to walk in the sunshine. I didn't do the trail but walked up the road further before coming home. I did 1.6 km. It was lovely to walk in the sunshine and I got warm walking at a fast pace. Fall is here as the leaves are almost gone from the trees and people are out doing their final lawn mowing. 

I forgot to do the balance sheet yesterday but am ready to do it today. It slipped my mind when I started to clean the house. 

I lost weight again this week. It was 2.7 lbs for a total of 3.1 lbs so far this month. I am monitoring what I eat carefully especially portion control. I have enjoyed eating home smoked pastrami with a bit of cheese on toast. That was a wonderful treat from family. I still have my fat free stir fry with less rice. I seem to be over having to have carbs to fill me up now that I am eating less protein. I am moving more which is good for both weight loss and mobility. I will be down to where the goal the doctor set for me in no time and then I will set my next big goal. 

I did not sew or knit as I was too busy and then too tired. I was falling asleep on the couch last night. I haven't done that in a long time. 

Today

I need to do yoga first and then the balance sheet. I want to do a bit of housework upstairs and mop some more floors. I need to walk today. I also want to serge the seams on the shirt and start on the sleeves. I would like to set up the ribbing for the first arm on the vest. Another busy day at home. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment