Friday, November 03, 2023

I am like Rice Krispies - Snap, Crackle, Pop

 Yesterday was sunny and breezy. The high got to 4.3C. This morning it -1C. We are to have sunshine and possibly showers with a high of 9C. 

Lifestyle

I did my yoga exercises adding another rep to each exercise. It is time to do more. When doing one exercise, my back cracked. It aligned itself. On the last leg exercise, my hip cracked aligning itself. Pain gone. I felt good.

I got up and took advantage of no pain. Floors were swept, laundry done and the compost bin brought in. I tidied up and was done by 11 a.m. including the bed made with clean sheets. I was happy that I could move about with little to no pain. 

After lunch I went for a walk and did 1.6 km. I am trying to go further. It may be only 2 or 3 power poles but it is more than before. I will have to start timing myself for when I walk inside this winter. I plan on going to the arena to walk 3 times a week. 

I ate carefully yesterday as I was not going to let a fluid gain derail me. I lost the fluid plus .4 lb. I will take that happily. I did drink a lot more water yesterday in hopes it would move the fluid. I think it helped out a lot. 

Sewing

I spent 90 minutes and finished the dress. It looks okay but I am not pleased with it. I see all its flaws. I will make it again for the American Girl dolls as I am sure it will work out well for them. 

It is a cute summer frock that does not say vintage. It has a feminine vibe and Anna looks sweet wearing it. 

I did get down on the floor and picked up all the blocks for the quilt. They are stacked ready for me to get the batting and backing. I now can do more cleaning. I also figured out how much backing and batting I need. 

I also looked at the little binders I have (3). One has sewing techniques written in it. Most are for shirts which will be helpful when I start sewing my shirt (next). The other 2 are need some thought. One could have my sewing journal for the wardrobe I plan on sewing in it. I need to see if it will work. 

I tidied up the cutting table so I can cut out my shirt pattern. It will be fun to make myself a shirt. And scary as I will have to remember to sew 5/8" seams rather than 1/4" seams. 

Knitting

None done last night as I was tired from being busy all day. I need to get back to it as it will be nice to wear during the cool weather. 

Thoughts

    I have the living area left to clean and I am ready to start downstairs. The plan, at the moment, is to alternate days so I can keep upstairs clean and tidy. I will start downstairs sometime late next week as I have a few things to do before I can start that. 

    I have been working on a new wardrobe for myself. It has been a long process of making decisions of what I will make and what I will buy. My lifestyle is casual and I need to remember that when I sew for myself. My colours are chosen (blue, white, grey/black) and I am ready to start. 

Today

Daughter-in-law, a friend, and I are heading into Halifax to the Forum which is the biggest craft show in the Maritimes. We will spend 3 hours there before dropping our friend off to meet her husband. Daughter-in-law and I will go shopping at 2 stores in Bayers Lake and then come home. I will pick up grandson from school tonight which is a treat. My one thing to do is yoga before we go. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment