Friday, November 17, 2023

A Sleeve Placket Completed

 Yesterday was another day of sunshine and clouds with a high of 9.6C. This morning it is -2C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 13C. Tonight we could have showers as there is rain coming. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and it felt good to do it. It takes about 30 minutes to get all the exercises done. Elliott lays on the couch with his head hung over the edge watching me do them which is interesting. 

I swept the floors and got the hardwood ones mopped. I tidied up the kitchen and around Elliott's litter box. It was then time to go for my hair cut. 

After my hair cut, I came home and got the lights, extension cord, and little ladder ready for daughter-in-law to hang the Xmas lights around the door today. 

I had tea with my friend in the afternoon. We talked about the wall hanging she is making while we had tea. I was home in good time as I didn't walk. I didn't wear my winter coat and the wind was a bit cool. 

Sewing

I finally sat down to sew. I serged the seams on the fronts, back, and sleeves. I then tackled the plackets. While the computer updated itself, I did all the markings and hand basted the parts that needed to be turned under. It certainly makes it easier to stitch when I hand baste things. 

Following the tutorial I wrote in 2010, I got the first placket sewn on. I spent a lot of time getting it to look good and am pleased with the results. 

The second sleeve is ready to sew but I was going out for tea and stopped when finished this one. 

I peeked at the Christmas fabric and have lots of fabric to make gift bags. I may need to buy a few pieces of plain fabric which is fine. I will use up the interfacing I have on hand and have fun making them. 

I also folded and bagged the scraps for the quilter's group. My friend found a piece of grey she may use in her wall hanging. It is gone and I will start once again saving scraps. 

Knitting

I got it organized to pick up the stitches but didn't get it done. I will try tonight. 

Thoughts

    I found more tutorials and patterns to make candy and candle holders. I will make a few for the table for Christmas dinner. I also saw a video on making a holder for another type of chocolate and may try to make them next year. 

    I need to think about my plans for next year. I want to balance sewing, knitting, and crafts. What do I want to make? How do I want to use the supplies I have? I know that I want to continue sewing down what I have but I want to do new things also. I don't want to feel pressured to only sew one thing as I enjoy doing a variety of different things. 

Today

I have to get my Covid vaccine this morning and then I am hoping to spend some time with a friend at a craft bazaar in Wolfville this afternoon. I am sure I will crash later this afternoon from the vaccine so I am not sure what else I will get done. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment