Sunday, November 19, 2023

A Day Of Aches and Pains

 Though we saw a bit of sunshine first thing in the morning, the rest of the day was grey, dismal and wet. It was warm though. There was 3/4" of rain fall with a high of 16.2C. We broke the high temp for the day by .1C. This morning it is 2C and we are to have sunshine and a high of 4C. 

Lifestyle

I felt like a semi truck ran over me yesterday. My body ached most of the day. I had one spot above my right hip that hurt when I stood. So bad that I was bent over at a 90 degree angle until I walked a dozen steps. By late afternoon the aches and pains had subsided a lot and I could get up with some pain but not like it had been. It is gone this morning. I had a good round of fighting the vaccine I had which is good. 

I did some yoga lying on the bed as I couldn't get down on the floor. My sore spot didn't hurt doing it but I was stiff and achy. No cracking at all. I did about 15 minutes and then called it enough. 

I had a short nap in the afternoon. Daughter texted and woke me up. That was good as I slept well last night. And the nap helped me get through until bed time without wanting to fall asleep in the evening. 

I did get the laundry folded and put away. Ready to do more laundry. Not as much but I want to keep up on it. 

In all, it was mainly a day on the couch with little done but eat comfort food (no sweets, just starch). I knew it was coming so was prepared mentally for it. 

Sewing

While in the basement getting something necessary, I checked on my shirt. The placket for the second sleeve is sewn in and cut. It is ready to turn and press so I can finish it. 

Knitting

I picked up the vest and finished casting on the stitches and got the one armhole done. It took me a long time as I was tired and would knit, rest, and repeat. 

I am now ready to pick up and do the other armhole. 

Thoughts

    If I had felt well enough and wanted to do something, I would have gone to the local craft bazaar held at the community hall. I wonder how the exhibitors did. I read and hear that things are tight for people with the cost of basics being more than they were a year ago. Small and cottage businesses seem to get hit the hardest. I try to support them as best as I can. 

    I watched a video yesterday on making ornaments. It was videoed in 2022 and released just yesterday. The glass/plastic baubles were neat projects but the cost of making them was expensive. Each project required quite a few items to make and I did price the materials. The sublimation ornament was really expensive if you had to buy all the equipment (big heat press, pads, printer, paper, etc.). The end results were good but they needed a bit of finesse in my opinion. 

     I am thinking of how I can make a few items for Christmas 2024. I keep looking and have decided that I will buy a few things on sale right now and make a list of what I want to make so I can gift them to family or add to the table at Christmas. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet and get groceries this morning. I want to sew on the shirt this afternoon and knit tonight. I need a busy day after doing very little yesterday. 

Until the next time.................................................    

No comments:

Post a Comment