Saturday, November 18, 2023

Changing Our Plans

 Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day. The high got to 9.6C. This morning it is cloudy and 12C. We are under a rainfall warning which will bring us a good amount of moisture and a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

First thing yesterday was to get the front outside deck cleaned up. It took a few minutes longer as I tipped the pot of flowers over and had purple sand to scoop up and then sweep away. The fall decor is now in the basement with only the candle lamp left. Daughter-in-law put up a string of lights around the door yesterday after lunch and it is done for this year. 

I was out the door after getting that job done and had a lovely drive to Mount Uniacke. I went to the doctor's office for my Covid vaccine. This little hamlet has a small pharmacy and a doctor which is wonderful. The pharmacist was doing the vaccine and was very informative. I don't get another vaccine until next fall. As I still wear a mask, use a lot of hand sanitizer, and haven't had a cold or flu since 2018, I am good for the next year. 

The drive home was equally as lovely and I stopped to get some lunch and my hiking poles. I was off to Wolfville to meet a friend to go to the craft bazaar. We went, we drove around looking for a parking space and saw nothing. I even signalled I was taking one and another person took it on me. My friend and I decided to park downtown, walk to get tea and then down to the harbour to sit at the picnic tables and visit. It was the most delightful way to spend our time. Outside, walking, and visiting. The weather was perfect and we didn't miss being inside at a craft bazaar. The only regret I have is not taking a picture of the harbour. The tide was in and the view was beautiful. 

I came home and crashed. The vaccine was working and my body was fighting. I ached and had a pain above my hip. I could barely stand up straight with it. I kept getting up and walking in hopes it would go away. It is still there this morning and there are tight muscles on that side. I am hoping yoga will help it. The walk we had was 1 km and I had no pain or other issues. 

I did not sew or knit yesterday which is not unusual after getting a vaccine or shot. It is common for a person to be tired and sore afterwards according to the pharmacist. 

Today

I will do yoga and then fold laundry. I will do some housework as I can and rest when I have to. I have planned for this to be a day of doing little so my body can adapt to the vaccine. What gets done, gets done and what doesn't gets done tomorrow. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment