Thursday, November 02, 2023

Cold, Sore, and Tired

 Yesterday was cold with a few very light snow flurries. The high go to 2C. This morning it is -1 with a windchill of -5C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 4C.

Lifestyle

When I went out to leave for physio, I noticed an egg carton at the end of the driveway. I picked it up and found that I had one egg thrown at my garage door. Some kids had egg houses on our street which is certainly a first for us. I will clean it on Saturday or Sunday when it is warmer.

I had physio early yesterday. I rode the bike for 10 minutes. I was assessed as the therapist had the x-ray report. I was stiff and tight due to the weather. I forced myself to relax and had part of the treatment on my side. When I turned onto my back, there was a large cracking sound as I got into position. Things were aligning themselves which was good. I had more stretches with a good stretch from the knee to the hip. I did a few movements on my own as I waited for the electrical wave and heat treatment. 

Once home, I had a cup of coffee and more heat. I was tired and sore due to the treatment and weather. I forced myself up so I could do what needed to be done. I swept and mopped floors, tidied up the kitchen, and ended up cleaning the area at the top of the stairs, down the stairs and the front door landing. All on my hands and knees. I really stretched my hip and back which felt good. 

After lunch, I started to sort recycle and had to run in and watch a video of Miss Rodeo Canada speeches. It was okay as the garage was cold. I did get the recycling bags filled and ready to go out. After part 1 of the speeches were done, I took out the recycling and compost bin. It was colder outside than in the garage. I watched part 2 after dinner. 

I did a bit more puttering and walking inside the house. I made myself a pot of chicken soup using homemade chicken stock. When done, I sat with lots of heat on my sore hip and knee. The pain slowly eased off and I felt better by 8 pm. The storm had passed at this time.

I did not sew or knit as I was tired and sore. I also needed to keep moving after treatment and get lots done. I knew I would have fluid retention this morning and it was 1.4 lbs. It happens even if I've been careful eating all day. It will disappear. I did go to bed early and slept well and woke without a lot of pain. 

Today

I am going to do the basics today and get out to shop. This afternoon I am going to sew on the dolls dress. I do hope to knit tonight. I'm keeping it easy today as I am going to be on my feet a lot tomorrow. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment