Friday, March 24, 2023

Tired and Overwhelmed

 Yesterday was dull and grey. Little to no sunshine. The high got to 4C and it snowed starting just before 4 pm. They say we had almost an inch of moisture. This morning, it is 2C and the high is suppose to get to 4C. It is to be mainly cloudy with drizzle. 

Lifestyle

I had no energy yesterday. Between not getting enough sleep and the dull day, I went into hibernation mode. It was so easy to just sit on the couch and do nothing, which I managed to do for most of the day. I did sweep the dining area and hall and it wasn't the best job in the world. I also folded a small load of laundry. 

I went out at 4 pm in the snow and got a few groceries. I have a barbecued chicken to eat and make soup out of. I also got some sliced of roast beef, a small portion of vegetable quiche and a small salad. I had the quiche and salad for dinner which was nice. The roast beef I will have for dinner tonight and I will get the chicken cut up to freeze and to make a pot of soup. 

I knew I was tired yesterday when I got the urge to eat anything and everything to get energy. I didn't do it as I knew I would only be tired a short while later. Instead I watched tv and dozed. The feeling did leave so I beat the urge to binge eat. 

At 8:30 pm last night, the grass was white with snow. It melted during the night. I am happy about that. We are to get more snow tomorrow night with snow/rain on Sunday. Will spring ever come? I sure hope so. 

Sewing

I stayed out of the sewing room knowing I would have a disaster if I started a project. 

I did look at the Cricut and took out the blade. I cleaned it and put it back in according to an instruction I found -- blade side facing to the front. That was it. 

I did think about several things while watching tv. I need to get a piece of freezer paper from my friend so I can learn how to layer iron on vinyl on fabric using a "registration" mark (a star). This will be for a gift bag that I want to make.  

Yesterday I showed this picture.

I haven't referenced this file yet because I'm still learning how to put it together and haven't shown the final project. I learned a lot from yesterday's videos on how to do it easily. Having saved the file saved me a couple of times yesterday as my brain could only process little bits at a time. It took me three times to get the file to the point I can cut it out. It didn't take much to overwhelm me. 

The file is from here and is free. The reference points information came from this video and this one. The first video shows using the freezer paper to iron the registration points onto so you don't iron them onto your fabric. The second video is the one I used to add the reference points to the file.  

I have to look for fabric for the gift bag and I may buy some Dr. Seuss fabric for the lining. I will probably come back to this file once I have done a couple of other things in the sewing room. 

When I finish the spice jars, I will reference the file and my thoughts about it. It was a big learning curve and I am still processing what I learned. 

Knitting

I knit on the sweater last night and got body and sleeves divided. I had to unknit several times due to tiredness. No pictures were taken. 

Today

I am going to try and clean the dining area and prep the food I bought yesterday this morning. This afternoon I would like to start cutting out Elliott's quilt so I can set the pieces aside to sew on when I have time. I will knit tonight. I may even go outside a bit today if the wind isn't blowing too hard. I need fresh air. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment