Thursday, March 23, 2023

Learning New Things

 It was a sunny day yesterday but also cold and windy. The high got to 3.5C. This morning the temperature is -4C and we could have rain and snow flurries. The high is to get to 1C. 

Lifestyle

Grandson's trip to physio was fast. He injury is completely healed which is wonderful. He's set for the tournament he is playing in at the end of the month. 

I had my to-do list and started working on it after I had breakfast. I got the spare bedroom done. A lot of work but so worth it. I have a couple of things to buy for in there and a couple of things to make. Next up the doing the dining room which won't take as long. I had done it well not that long ago. It needs tidying up and the floors done. 

I was out having tea with my friend in the afternoon and when I came home, I walked the front lawn picking up trash that was blown onto it. I also picked up a couple of branches that broke off one of the plants in front of the house. It didn't take long and it felt good having it done. I may trim that plant on Saturday afternoon when it is warmer outside. The next door neighbours did the ditch (all their garbage was in it) between our driveways. I have to do the rest of the ditch when it is drier. 

We have another wonderful storm coming in (snow and rain) and my knee and hip have been sore and stiff. It is something that I will have to live with even when I get it stronger. Heat helped it last night and the fluid on my knee is gone this morning. 

Sewing

With all the small projects completed, I plan on making Elliott his quilt and another bag for daughter as she said she has a request for one. I laundered the fabric for Elliott's quilt so it is ready to start. 

I played on the Cricut yesterday and cut out the next 6 spices.  I am still learning how to transfer the vinyl to the transfer tape. I will try a new technique the next time. 

I have 7 more to do but need to buy the jars for them. Then it is to find larger jars for the remaining spices. 

I also got out the heat press and followed the instructions to put the app on my phone and to use it. When I got that done, I decided to try cutting out my own vinyl and cut out part of the design I want to put on a gift bag. 

I am now wanting to make the gift bag but must wait until next week to do it. I need to find the fabric for it in the stash or I am going to have to buy some. My trip out depends on the weather. More of winter is to arrive.

Knitting

I knit on the doll's sweater and the pattern is starting to show up. The coloured flecks in the yarn detract from the pattern making it harder to see. I can see it in the shaded part on the back of the sweater but not when the full light is shining on it. 

If there is enough yarn left, I will knit this sweater again in plain knitting. I love the style of the sweater for the dolls. 

Thoughts

    I missed a small quilt show at one of the quilt shops on Saturday. My friend told me it was spectacular and she bought a book of patterns as she wants to make one for her bed. I was amazed at what was produced when she showed me the pictures she had taken. It was a great way to promote the quilt shop. 

    I have a list of things I need to do in each area of the house. I have made a schedule to what I would like to do each day of the week with days off so I can go and do things. My goal is so I can have the house clean and tidy so cleaning will only take a short period of time each day. 

    I am finding that l love the minimal look and calming colours. I am working hard on getting that feeling in the house. The spare room has that feeling and when I add yellow and blue to it, I am sure it will be exactly the way I want it. It doesn't have a lot in it and everything is well organized and clean. 

Today

My goal today is to clean and tidy up the dining area and hall. I would love to cut out all the pieces for Elliott's quilt (9 blocks). If time, I would like to cut out the next bag. I also need to look for fabric for the next gift bags (vinyl and embroidered). I will knit tonight. With the weather suppose to be wet, it is a great day to stay home. 

Until the next time.............................................................

 


No comments:

Post a Comment