Tuesday, March 21, 2023

A To-Do List Is Started

 Yesterday was sunny and cool. The wind blew hard for most of the day. The high got to 3.5C. This morning the temperature is -3C and the wind has stopped blowing. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 8C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I decided to clean the spare room. That means cleaning the litter box area -- done. I then washed the window and wiped the trim. It was dusty. The baseboard heater was wiped down and it was dusty. Then the fun began. I wanted to put up the new curtains and when I took down the old ones, one bracket was loose. I went and got some screw drivers to tighten it. Then I tried a bigger screw. Nothing worked and the bracket wouldn't stay tight against the wall when I put up the curtains. I took the screws out, and looked at the holes in the wall. The plugs were broken. I had to go out and get pliers and new plugs. I finally got it fixed and the curtains hung. I then dusted the furniture, put away some items, and called it a morning. Going up and down the little ladder and in and out of the garage about 8 times made my knee and hip sore to the point of aching. 

The afternoon was spent walking around the house and applying heat to my knee and hip. By evening, the pain was almost gone but I was stiff. I know I must have twisted my hip when on the little ladder. I am known to twist and turn when I'm trying to do something. I was also frustrated and tense as I tried to figure out what was wrong. All of the curtain rod brackets in this house are put up incorrectly and I will need help to get them done properly. The living and dining room rods need to be higher up on the wall. Hence why I would love to have shades but know the value of the drapes for winter and summer. I am thinking of both but still undecided.

Elliott had a rough day as he only slept for 2-3 hours under a blanket. He decided to wake up and be somewhat cranky with life. He chose to sleep on the back of the couch and was slipping off. He yelled at me for help and I put the pillow under his butt. 

He slept in the sun like that for quite a while and finally looked at me a bit happier. 

He dozed in that position for a while longer before he moved. He loves the sun on him and I'm sure his long nap will include sleeping in the sun. We learn to live around him when he does that. 

I ate a real meal last night and it upset my gut. It lasted about 6 hours and then it was over. It will be chicken and rice today and then I will try to find something bland for tomorrow. I need to add vegetables back as I am craving them. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was resting my hip. Before I did that, I did get everything to stiffen the snowflakes I had washed and whitened a while ago. I made a mixture of corn starch and water, thickened it, and put the snowflakes in it for 5 minutes after it had cooled. I stretched them out on a foam board and pinned them in place. 

I am glad the job is done as I hated the feel of the sticky starch mixture on my hands. It wasn't hard to get them laid out, stretched, and pinned in place. I patted down the little bits so they were flat. Several times I went back and patted them down just to be sure. Once they are dry, I will put some narrow lace on them so they can be hung. I will wrap them in tissue paper ready to gift back to the lady who gave them to me. 

With that project almost done, I only have one small project left to sew -- the leggings for the dolls. Then it is back to regular sewing. 

Knitting

While resting and watching TV, I decided to knit on the hat. I had it finished in the evening as I kept putting it down to move around. 

It fits me perfectly so will fit the person it will be gifted to. There is yarn left over so I will have to figure out what I am going to make with it. If there is another ball of this yarn, I may get two hats out of it. 

Thoughts

    Yesterday was the first day of spring. Though it was sunny, it wasn't what I think spring should be like. And I looked at the forecast and there is snow coming over the weekend. Spring is still a ways off. 

    I started the to-do list. Upstairs is getting to the point of being done. I will focus on an area and complete it even if it takes me several days. Once I am done, I will then finish up the basement. I have actually completed more than I thought I had but need to keep focused so I can complete the inside before heading outside. 

    The outside jobs are worrying me a bit but I will make a list of what needs to be done and work on it area by area. The dreaded hedge needs to be weeded this year and I am going to start on it early. The other thing that is annoying is how much garbage is in the ditch. Some of it is my neighbours, some of it is from the kids tossing wrappers, etc. I usually do it twice a year and it is not my favourite job. (Whine, whine, complain, complain)

Today

Grandson and I are going grocery shopping this morning and then I want to sew the doll's capris in the afternoon. If there is time, I would love to cut out the next six spice labels and put them on the jars. The snowflakes need to be dealt with. I am going to start knitting a doll's sweater tonight as I have a plan in my head for it. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment