Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Day Off

 Yesterday started with some lovely sunshine but by 10 am it was cloudy. The wind was from the north and cold. The high got to 1.7C. This morning it is -9C. The sun is suppose to shine all day and get to 3C.

Lifestyle

I did take a rest day yesterday. Other than make sure the kitchen was clean, I did no housework. Instead I did things were I could rest. It was really needed. The IBS attack lasted 36 hours but all the fluid retention plus an extra .5 lbs is gone. I ate very carefully yesterday which helped settle things down.

My neighbour and I did go out for lunch to the lovely bistro a 5 minute drive from the house. I had a chicken caesar salad with a light oil/vinegar dressing (no eggs, mustard or anchovies in it). My friend had a roast beef panini with horseradish mustard. The food was terrific and we will go again this summer. 

I did my exercises several time yesterday and it is helping my hip and knee. I will continue to do them and try to start walking on nicer days. I can do our street first and then start further afield. 

The snow is settling down. The ditch was mainly filled up all the way down the street and now I can see the top 1/4 of the driveway culverts. There is still a lot of snow to melt and I'm sure it will be around for a while. We get another snow storm starting Tuesday night and ending Thursday morning. 

Sewing

I spent time in the sewing room yesterday morning hand sewing the binding down on the horse. I got it done before lunch which was great. 

He is ready to ship to daughter when I send her the next box. Hopefully early this coming week. 

After lunch, I finished the second dog breeders bag. I am happy it is done and will start the next one after I buy fabric for it. 

Before I can do another bag, I have to make piping, doll tights, and stitch out the flower again. (Oh, and shovel snow). I am hoping to embroider the design for the next gift bag if I have time. I have everything I need for it in the stash. 

Knitting

While resting, I knit on the hat. I now have 4" knit and the pattern is starting to show up. 

One of the hats will be for a messy bun and the other one will be knit to be a regular hat. The pattern is such that I have to check for mistakes every round. 

Today

I am going to clean the dining area, hall, and laundry closet. It is due to be done and I am feeling well enough to do it. I have to do my exercises two or three times during the day. The sewing goal is to make piping and tonight I will knit on the hat. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment