Sunday, March 12, 2023

Knit, Unknit, Knit Again

Yesterday was sunny and bright, and spring like (if you didn't look at the snow). The high got to 3.8C. This morning it is cloudy and -1C. It is suppose to clear off and be sunny this afternoon. The high is to get to 6C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning the dining area. Though not a large space, when I add the hall, it is enough for one morning. I moved items, dusted, polished, and had a traffic jam at one point. In the end, I turned the table around and it is nice to have a bit of a different layout. I have to say the floors were dirty from me wearing boots through the house when shovelling snow. I need to buy a very good pair of slip on shoes for inside. I am looking at a pair online that I would like to try. 

With all the sunshine pouring into the house, I turned off the heat at 9:30 am and turned it back on after 5:30 pm. The downstairs heat ran for a short period of time and then was turned off. It was nice that the sun heated the house all day. I am hoping that I can open the windows and air the house out. The house doesn't get real stale as we have an air exchange system. But it is nice to have the windows open. 

My IBS has settled down but I am being careful about what I am eating. It will get better over the next few days if I chose my food carefully. I don't need a repeat of what I had anytime soon. 

Sewing

I decided to make piping yesterday as an easy relaxing project. It was fun to make something that required little thinking. 

In the end, I made 3.2 meters of piping from .3 meters of fabric. 

What scraps are left are back in the stash. I'm not sure what I will make from them but I am sure something for the dolls can be squeezed out from them. 

I worked on the spice labels for the Cricut. I got them done and will be able to make them when I set up the Cricut and learn how to use it. I did use a free pattern and followed the tutorial on how to get them the way I wanted was a lot of work. I worked on it more hours than I want to confess. I now need to buy more spice bottles and slowly get the job completed. 

I found a YouTube channel on what I thought was going to be making items using the Cricut or other cutting machines. It has a few videos on it but most were on DIY crafts. Some were cute, most were farm house looks, and it sucked me down the black hole of crafting. I may do a couple of ideas for daughter and maybe one for me. The big problem is finding the items she used as we don't have the same stores. I will be browsing with an ideas list for two or three projects. My big goal is to craft but to use the Cricut for the majority of my ideas. 

Knitting

I knit a total of 8 rounds last night as I had to sort out an issue with it. I had, somehow, moved my stitches around and needed to get it back to where they belonged. With the design being at an angle, it was hard to figure out where the first stitch was but I got it. Next hat will have a longer cord on it so I don't do the same thing as I did with this one. 

Today

I am running late as I slept in due to the time change. I have to do the balance sheet, do some sewing and head out with daughter-in-law to watch grandson play soccer tonight. I hope to put thrift shop items into the car and take them on Monday. I am not going to push myself as I don't do time change well and am giving myself a few days to adjust. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment