Tuesday, March 07, 2023

On The Hunt

 Yesterday started out with it snowing and by 8:30 am an inch had fallen. It stopped and started all day with another inch falling. The high got to 1.3C. This morning it is cloudy and -3C. The high is to get to 2C and it will probably be cloudy all day. 

Lifestyle

As can be predicted, I was out early to shovel snow off the driveway. It didn't take too long but it was wetter snow and a bit harder to deal with. I did rest a few times but got the job done. By 10:30 am, the little bit of snow left on the driveway was melted.

I started laundry at 6 a.m. and did the bedding. I was done in good time but had to wait for Elliott to wake up before I could make the bed. He had two naps on the bed yesterday. What I do for that cat. 

I did go out and get Elliott his food but didn't grocery shop. The snow and wind was too much to be dealing with groceries in and out of the car. The roads were excellent and parking lots were free of ice and snow. 

I am improving with my knee and hip. I have less pain and I noticed my gait is much better than I had thought. I am noticing that I am getting stronger in my core and I have more stamina. When the pain comes, it is more tired and needs to be stretched and have heat put on it. When the weather bothers it, it does continue to be really sore. But there is a difference between the two pain wise. 

Sewing

My neighbour was over with the horse and showed me two mistakes. I did fix them and took it back to her. She finished the quilting and it is ready for me to bind. Pictures will come soon. 

I started work on the next breeders bag. I made piping and attached it to the handles. 

From that point on I was on the hunt for a design as daughter wants yokes embroidered on a shirt. I found this stitch out that I had done many years ago for a lady. 

After a lot of hunting through files I found it. It was a freebie from Designs by JuJu. I am assuming it was a promotion when she started her business. I spent a lot of time finding threads in colours daughter wanted. 

I will stitch out a sample so we can decide if the combination is right and the colours are in the right place. The breeder's bag is on hold until tomorrow. I'm okay with that as I need to do a bit more measuring before cutting. 

I ordered a pencil yesterday for marking fabrics. I have been using Frixon pens which leave a wide line. This is narrow which I want for quilting. I also draw lines on fabrics to get ideas of what I want visually and will use this pencil and the Frixon pens for that. I have now added an awl from a snap kit, a fabric glue pen and this pen to my tools. I will need to find a container to put them into. I use the awl more than I thought I would and will use the glue when I learn quilt as you go. 

Knitting

I finished the tam last night. It is quite cute though I don't like how you end with 4 stitches that you gather. The stitches are awkward to handle and one is always bigger than the others. 

I am not sure what I will knit next but I'm thinking an adult hat. 

Today

I have to take grandson to school and pick him up tonight. I will be grocery shopping this morning and will sew the binding on the horse. While hand sewing it down, I will do the embroidery so we can see what needs to be changed. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment