Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St Patrick's Day

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Yesterday's weather wasn't the most pleasant. It snowed off and on all day. The wind blew and it was chilly outside. The high got to 0.2C. This morning it is 0C. We are to have sunshine, flurries, and wind. The high is to get to 5C. 

Lifestyle

The neighbour's boys were over before 8 am and shovelled the driveway. They did an excellent job. I have decided to get them some Japanese currency so they have spending money when in Japan this summer. They have done the job before school, after hockey, and whenever they have had time to do it or to help me. 

I was out to get my hair cut after breakfast. I had a good inch cut off and the layers are almost gone. It is coming along faster than I thought it would. 

Once home, I decided to change the windshield wipers on the car. I googled how to remove the old ones and then googled how to put on the new ones. The paper instructions were better than the google ones for putting on the blades. After 30 minutes I had the job done and they stayed on when I used them. Son ribbed me about that last night. It is great to accomplish these jobs without having to call on family to do it. 

After changing the wiper blades, I loaded the car with items for the thrift shop. It was a combination of things including fabric from the stash. It is gone and I am happy to have it out of the house. They will take Christmas items anytime so I can start cleaning out under the stairs anytime I want to. My first job is to take the remaining carpet treads off the stairs and then start under the stairs. 

I was out to family's for dinner last night. We celebrated my birthday 2 weeks early as they are busy the next 3-4 weeks with exciting activities. We had my favourite meal - leek and potato soup and biscuits. I have soup for lunch today which is great. 

My IBS is healing but I have to be careful with what I eat. The probiotic is helping a lot also. I am still tired which could be a few of things. I get too hot leaving me feel tired. It could be sadness as the Spousal Unit has been gone for almost 6 months now. I may be fighting a bit of depression from that. Some could be from me doing more each day as my hip and knee are getting stronger.

Sewing

I had a loud knock on the door and there was a parcel delivery. I wondered what it was and it was a fat quarter daughter ordered and had sent to me for a bag. 

I went to the craft store and returned the heat press and got the one on sale. The ladies helping me were fabulous. I also got heat vinyl in white, black, and green along with 2 sheets of cardstock. I am now ready to try to do a couple of projects on the Cricut. 

I didn't sew or craft when I got home as I was tired from getting too hot in the car. Also Elliott was cuddly and I took advantage of that. I did perk up after I cooled off but had to leave for dinner. 

Knitting

I cast on and knit the ribbing on the 2nd hat. It didn't take long and it helped pass the evening. 

So far no issues and I am ready to knit the pattern. This one will have no messy bun hole in the top as it is to be a toque for me. I have at least one more hat I want to make using up more yarn in the stash. There may even be 2 more on the list. 

Thoughts

    I hadn't thought about St. Patrick's Day for quite a while. I did when I saw the decorations in the stores and remember wearing a cute wooden necklace when teaching school. I had 9 of those necklaces that I wore monthly. A very happy memory. 

    I am struggling a bit with the Spousal Unit being gone for almost 6 months. I knew this would be a hard month so am trying to keep busy and only let happy memories be a part of my thought process. I know he would be proud of what I am accomplishing on my own. 

Today

I am staying at home today. I want to do some housework this morning and then play on the Cricut and start sewing the doll's tights. I am keeping the house cool so I don't get hot and tired. This evening I will knit on the hat. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment