Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Exhausted But Recovering

Yesterday started out a bit cloudy but it turned out to be a lovely sunny day with a high of 5.1C. This morning it is -2C and the weather is going to deteriorate during the day with snow/rain starting late this afternoon and continuing on for a day or two. The high today is to get to 2C. 

Lifestyle

I was exhausted yesterday from not sleeping well and from the IBS attacks I have been having. The storm that is coming in has made my knee and hip really sore and achy. I pushed myself as much as I could all day but felt like I had been run over by a semi. 

I started out finishing up the stairs. The 5 stairs going up from the landing now have no carpet tread on them. The tape and stickiness is gone and I am thrilled with how it makes the space look. The stairs are now easy to clean which I like. And they are not slippery. I will do the stairs to the basement next. I was going to replace the treads with new ones but I am not doing that now.

I pushed myself out the door after doing the stairs to get groceries. I bought a probiotic and have taken 2 doses of it. It has helped. I got what I needed which took longer than expected. I am still trying to get use to the new layout of the store. 

In the afternoon, I went over to visit my friend and we had a lovely visit even if I was tired and not feeling well. I returned her button boxes as she is donating a lot of them to the local theatre group for puppets. She has the fabric she no longer wants bagged up for them also. 

As I rested, I have been binge watching YouTube videos on ideas for crafting, especially ones for using the Cricut. I found some lovely designs and will be making a couple of them once I get the Cricut set up. I am going to venture into vinyl so will be adding the Cricut heat press to my list of items to buy. I will stop binge watching craft videos as I am feeling super saturated with ideas. I need to think about what I want to make and do them. 

One of my goals is to set the garage up so I can use it as a place to do crafts in the warm weather. I want to have items like paint, stain, and some tools out there and be able to put everything away when I park the car inside for winter. There is cupboards for storage, a counter to work on and I may get an adjustable table for out there. 

I am also going to put the Cricut in the family room. I may do a bit of furniture changing in that area even though I have a space for it. I need a table, light, and cart but I am not going crazy with supplies. It will be a buy as I need craft.

As I learn now to use the Cricut, I want to learn how to cut and apply heat vinyl transfers. I am thinking of a few items that I want to transfer to the front of the gift bags I am continuing to make. It will be fun to have a mix of embroidered and heat transfer designs on them. 

As I think about what I want to do, I have to make sure I get things done in the house. I am working on it slowly and am trying to get my list done. The weather and my IBS is not cooperating and I feel like I am behind. I will get caught up before spring actually arrives. 

Today

I have to take grandson to the hairdressers this morning and from there I am not sure what I will do. I need to get a box so I can ship items to daughter and if I get myself together, I can shop and be home before the weather turns nasty. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment