Saturday, March 04, 2023

A Breeder's Bag is Completed

 Though yesterday started out cloudy, it ended with a sunshine. And lots of it. The high got to -0.5C which was nice when the wind calmed down. This morning it is -11C and there is a wind from the south east. It is going to warm up just a bit over the next few days. Today the high is to get to -2C and it is suppose to be cloudy. 

Lifestyle

I didn't have to shovel snow yesterday. Our friend snow blowed it for me. Thank goodness as it was over 12" deep. His mom shovelled the front step and sidewalk. I was ready to go but didn't get out the door to do the job. 

Both of my hips decided to ache yesterday. Exactly the same way in the same area. All I could put it to was the barometric pressure going up quickly all day. I stretched, did my exercises, and applied heat. Nothing helped. I suffered for part of the night before it settled down to a dull pain on the right side. 

I made a soup yesterday that daughter had invented. I cooked 3/4 of a package of California mix vegetables in 4 cups of chicken broth. When they were soft, I pureed them and added a can of cheddar soup. Another half bag of vegetables were added and cooked. I thickened it with 1 tbsp of cornstarch in some of the broth. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and onion powder. It was delicious and low in points. I have enough for 2 more lunches. 

The living and dining areas, hall, and bathroom were swept yesterday. I have to say that Elliott is a real shedder as I was amazed at how much cat hair I swept up. Truthfully, I should be sweeping everyday to keep up with just the cat hair. 

Sewing

I did get down to the sewing room and sewed. I threaded the machine and finished the mint panties for the dolls. No picture but they do fit well and are cute. I have one more pair to make and that project is done. 

Once done the panties, I threaded the machine to finish the bag. I cut out the lining and interfacing and pressed them together. I took my time fusing the interfacing and it makes a huge difference to the appearance of the bag. Once done, I cut the bag down by 1/2" in height so the lining fits smoothly in the bag. I made the lining and when ready to attach it to the bag, I hunted and found a button to cover. I finished the bag and am very pleased with it. 

I am glad that I took my time to try some new techniques on this bag. It really helped to make it look more crisp. 

I am now ready to start planning the next bag. One thing I am unhappy about is the when I buy a meter of fabric I don't have a meter after it is laundered and folded on grain. Cutting the uneven edges off leaves me just short of a meter. I am going to have to start buying 1.1 or 1.2 meters of fabric. The lining fabric showed me that when I folded it and measured it for bag 1. 

I am going to take a two day break from bags and make a gift bag. The plan is to embroider a snowflake on black fabric (white with red center) and line it in white with red snowflakes. I need to do something different for two days and then tackle the next bag. I also hope to sew the last pair of panties for the dolls. 

Knitting

I got the pictures of the sweater on the doll. It is a lovely sweater and fits the doll well. 

I dug out the needles and started to knit a tam from the remaining yarn. It will be worn with this and another sweater. It is an easy knit and I am ready to start the brim decreases. 

Today

I am going to sweep both levels of the house and do more laundry. I have to fold a piece of fabric and then I will start working on the gift bag. I will knit on the tam tonight and will probably start on a hat to give away. I do have to get Elliott a bag of dry food later this afternoon. It is going to be a quiet day for me. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment