Monday, March 13, 2023

The Dratted Time Change

 Yesterday was another sunny day with a cold wind. The high got to 5.6C. This morning it is -6C and we are to have a high of 6C with some sunshine. We are under another storm warning which will bring us snow, rain, and a combination of both. 

Lifestyle

I was tired yesterday due to the time change. I started out slowly but did gain momentum during the day. I do hate time change and wish it would go away. Having lived 12 years without changing the time I feel it is not necessary. 

My first job of the morning was to do the balance sheet. It was done quite quickly with no issues. I then folded laundry and did a load which is also folded. 

I decided to start removing the carpet treads off the stairs yesterday. They are dirty and make cleaning the stairs a huge job. They were poorly taped down and moved some when walking on them. 

I used Goo Gone on the tape and the front edge of the step. It lifted the tape and stickiness really well. I had to pull the fabric in the tape off and then rub what was left to get rid of it. Once no tape was left, I washed the step, sprayed it with Clean Freak, and wiped it well. I am pleased with the result of the two steps I did. They are not slippery at all. 


Once done, the stairs will be easier to sweep and clean. I can only do 2 steps and then I have to change the water. I will be a few days as I have 12 steps to do. But, the end result will make me happy. 

I also made a Shepard's Pie so I can have freezer meals. It's in the fridge ready to be portioned out. 

I was out yesterday with daughter-in-law. She did some shopping before we met up with son and grandson for dinner. I had a delicious salad with chicken. We went to watch grandson play soccer. He has shown improvement since the last time I watched him play. We got home before 9 pm which was nice. I did have a hard time settling down to sleep so am a bit tired this morning. But, I did enjoy my time out with family. 

Sewing

No sewing was done yesterday. 

I did find a new YouTube channel called DIY Mommy. She is Canadian so showed some ideas using items we can get here in Canada. I have some ideas for gifts for next year. 

I did look at the craft section of Walmart as I had about 1.5 minutes. I saw a couple of things I could use. I will also be looking at other stores for items and will buy a couple of things. I am not out to start a business but to make gifts for family. 

Knitting

No knitting was done as it was late when I got home. 

Thoughts

    I am still recovering from the IBS attack I had. I may have to eat rice and chicken for a few days to completely settle my system down. 

    I lost .5 lb this week which is good considering the week I had. If I loose something each week, I will be happy. 

    My knee and hip are sore due to the storm coming in. I started to baby it when walking and daughter-in-law caught me doing it. I worked on walking properly which did help ease a bit of the pain. 

Today

I was going to go out but now am staying home unless I get groceries. I plan on doing 2 more steps and maybe some other small cleaning chore. I may sew today and knit tonight. I may have a nap if I am tired. I am just going to listen to my body today. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment