Thursday, March 09, 2023

Sew It Up and Then Pick It Out

 Yesterday was another gloomy day. It snowed early in the morning and tried a couple of times to snow during the day turning to a bit of rain by the end of the day. The high got to 2.5C. This morning it is 0C and we are to have flurries, clouds, and, hopefully sunshine. The high is to get to 1C.

Lifestyle

I was out by 7 am to shovel snow off the driveway. I hustled and got it done. Next was to take grandson to school and I was off to physio. 

At physio, the therapist did the rotating exercises first and then I did the gym exercises after. She wanted to talk about having longer between visits as I have made good progress since the nerve has stopped being pinched. I go in 4 weeks and the will probably go in twice a year after that unless I have issues. I just need to work on strength and endurance by doing my exercises and chores that need to be done. 

I called a company to come and trim the hedge this spring. I am getting a quote for lawn mowing and weed eating plus getting the house power washed this summer. I am hoping I can weed under the hedge so they can edge it for me. I also hope to weed under the trees and deck this spring also. I know that it will help me feel better if the yard is neat and tidy. 

I spent some time cleaning the kitchen yesterday. As I cleaned, I fumbled my way through trying to descale the Keurig. I finally found the model, the manual, and how to do it. It finished descaling as I finished up the kitchen. The floors need to be done today as I ran out of energy. My body was fatigued from doing so much before noon. 

I was out and had dinner with daughter-in-law last night. We chose Chinese food and I retained fluid with it. It will come off as I will work a bit harder today and drink lots of fluids. I will also eat light foods and very little salt. It was nice to have dinner with her so I am not complaining.  

Sewing

I truthfully should have stayed out of the sewing room. I finished the designing and started to sew. First interfacing was put on and the pieces sewn together. As I sewed the front to the back I realized I hadn't put the heavy interfacing on. I then spent the rest of the my sewing time unstitching the bag and applying the heavy interfacing. I am ready to sew today. 

The back has the sage trim on the top also. The navy at the bottom is the bottom of the bag. It won't take long to have the outer part of the bag done. 

I am working my way through interfacing. One piece from the stash is basically gone except for a small piece I might be able to use. I will be using the new interfacing for the lining. I have used half of the heavy interfacing I bought. 

I have a fat quarter left of the navy fabric and will be making daughter piping out of it. It will be made as soon as the bag is done. There is a piece about 5" by the width of the fabric left which I will try to use in another project. There will be no lining fabric left which is great. 

Knitting

I will try to clean up the needles and get what I need up to knit a hat. I was too tired last night to do anything. 

Today

I take grandson to school this morning and physio this afternoon and then home. I want to sweep and wash the kitchen floor this morning. I have to do my exercises at least twice today as I don't have snow to shovel. I want to sew on the bag this afternoon and try to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment