Monday, March 06, 2023

Two More Project Completed

 Yesterday was warmer with a high of 3.7C. It wasn't overly sunny but it wasn't really cloudy. This morning it is 1C and snowing. The high is to get to 0C and we are to have periods of snow. 

Lifestyle

I did some housework with washing part of a floor on my hands and knees. It is so good to do that as it really helps my back, hip, and knee. I didn't much of anything else in housework other than tidy up the kitchen. 

I was out to family's for dinner last night and we had a lovely meal. It was tasty, delicious and a great time to be together. I even finished putting the edging on the afghan so it is ready to go to the long term care home. 

Sewing

I was down in the sewing room before lunch and worked on the gift bag. It turned out really great and I am pleased with it. 

I have enough of the lining left to make one more bag this size.


I am not sure what design I will embroider on the next one but am thinking of this one. It should pop out on black fabric. It is a Designs by JuJu file which I bought 2 years ago. 

I spent some time making the last pair of panties for the dolls. I now have 3 pairs of them and they all fit perfectly. 

The doll enjoyed modelling them for me. 

I also started on the next bag for daughter. I have it pretty much figured out. I just need to draw more lines on the front piece to make sure I am doing it right. 

This has been harder than I thought it would be once I got the idea in my head of how I wanted to do it. I am thinking that I will cut the bottom part off, add the base in navy and then do a 3/8" piece of trim on the top in soft teal. The back and handles will be in navy and the lining in the same navy as I used on the other bag. I will add soft teal piping to the handles. 

Knitting

I took the tam apart and started on it again in larger needles. I am now decreasing the top part and it should be done today. I've increased the needles as large as I want to go without the tension being so loose the tam has no shaping. 

Today

I have a load of laundry on while I have my coffee. My shopping won't happen today but tomorrow. I will hunker down and clean, sew, shovel, and knit the day away. I have to walk to my friend's to pick up the horse head as she has finished quilting it. I have a feeling shovelling will rate #1 on the list mid day. Sewing will probably be last. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment