Tuesday, March 28, 2023

The Blocks Are Finished

Yesterday was warmer with more sunshine. The high to to 5.5C. This morning it is -1C. We are to have sunshine and 7C today. 

Lifestyle

After taking grandson to school, I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen, dining area and hall. I dusted, scrubbed and got the floor clean. While waiting for areas of the floor to dry, I rested as my knee and hip get sore and weak. But, on the whole, I did more cleaning and less resting than ever. I am happy with how the areas look. 

I ended up in a foul mood yesterday afternoon. I am not sure what triggered it, but I sabotaged myself into a deep dark hole for a few hours. I finally turned off my mind with mindless shows and came out of it. I think it could have been the weather (grey and dull). 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room and got the top of Elliott's quilt ready to put onto the batting and backing. There are pressing errors in it as I forgot to think in my foul mood which way the seams should have gone. 

I am at the point where I now have to cut the backing and batting into 13.5" squares and stitch in the ditch around the cat squares and do something in that area. Then I can start to sew them together using a no binding method. That will be a lot of hand sewing but I am looking forward to it. 

The backing is going to be cut out of some other fabric I bought as I want to save the front greens for another project. I will have about a meter of each of those. I have an idea I am thinking about which will use up all the cat fabric and most of the green. 

Knitting

I am playing yarn chicken with the doll's hat. I am down to 4-5 rows left and I hope I win. The two pieces will need buttons and then I can photograph it on the doll. 

Thoughts

    The weather is starting to get warmer during the day though we will have some flurries and rain coming in starting on Thursday. 

    I have been sleeping fairly well lately and my hip and knee do bother me. It is more stiffness than intense pain. I find that putting heat on it helps though some of the stiffness is fluid retention. It will come with time as I have noticed that I am doing more each day. 

    I am pushing myself to my limit on the quilt. My brain is coming around to chain sewing but still doesn't like it. It keeps pointing to finishing a block and then the next one. When I leave the sewing room, I am tired but happy with the progress I am making working on doing something different.

    I am trying to figure out what I can do tomorrow as I have my eye exam. I will probably get my pupils dilated so can't watch tv or work on the computer until later in the afternoon.  

Today

I have to take grandson to school and grocery shop this morning. If I can, I would like to start cleaning the entry way. I have to launder the backing fabric so I can cut out the backing and batting squares for Elliott's quilt. I may get started on stitching in the ditch around the printed fabric. I want to knit tonight though I will need a new project to start. Another stay at home day. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment