Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Last Little Projects Completed

 Yesterday was a lovely spring day. The sun shone, the wind was calm and the high got to 8.4C. This morning it is -1C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 4C today. 

Lifestyle

Grandson and I had a successful grocery shopping trip which we both enjoyed. I got home and put my groceries away and got ready to do some cleaning.

As I had a drink, I made a more detailed list of what needed to be done in the spare bedroom and laundry closet. I got started by putting the duvet cover on the bed and fluffing up the pillows. Items went away and one needs to go to the garbage. Then I started washing the doors. Both sides were done. I then moved to the laundry closet and cleaned the machines and washed the doors. I had to climb the little ladder twice to clean the top of the machines. The cleaning cloth was dirty from all the cleaning. I was tired. But, I'm getting those areas cleaned. 

Sewing

When I had a few minutes before picking up grandson, I put the ribbons into the snowflakes. They are now ready to be put into tissue paper ready to gift back to the person who gave them to me.

I sewed up the Gotz doll's capris also and that project is off the table. They are a simple sew and the pattern is well drafted. Unfortunately, the pattern was tested and never published. 

I am now ready to make a list of what I want to sew for the next 9 days. 

Knitting

I cast on the doll's sweater I want to knit at least 3 times before I got the right order of the needles. I worked on it and love how the coloured bits are showing up. 

Thoughts

    As I was cleaning I realized I don't go about doing every day cleaning but I do a deep cleaning. I learned how to deep clean as a child which was normal for us to do every day. It keeps me active but I am going to have to figure out a schedule so I can clean on a regular basis. Right now I am still decluttering items I no longer need. 

    As grandson and I left the grocery store yesterday, we smelled the BBQ chickens cooking and I want to get one to eat and make soup. The craving was so great that I did chicken in a similar coating for dinner last night. No issues after eating it which was great. 

    The weather was so nice yesterday that I turned off the heat and opened a window to air out the house. It was so nice to have it smelling fresh as the weather is going to turn to snow and rain tomorrow.

Today

I've taken grandson to and from physio. I want to finish cleaning the spare room and laundry closet this morning. I should get the next bag ready to sew and launder some fabric for Elliott's quilt. I may see if I can visit my friend. Tonight I will knit on the doll's sweater. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment