Wednesday, December 01, 2021

The Socks Are Done

 Yesterday was a cool day with a high of 0.7C. There was no rain but there was a bit of snow. The sun did shine which was delightful. The temperature this morning was -2C and we are to have light flurries and 4C. 

Lifestyle

The laundry got folded and put away. I had to rest a couple of times as my back ached due to the weather systems coming in or around us. But the job is done. Even the fabric for December's projects is laundered. 

I did some on the puzzle twice yesterday. Both times were short periods of time and I got 6-8 pieces in each time. The Spousal Unit organized some pieces by color. That was helpful though we are getting into the part that dark and has no texture painted on the pieces. 

There were 61 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There is a new cluster of cases in a localized community of mainly unvaccinated people. There are now 4 provinces that have the latest variant of the virus and I am still looking for an appointment for my booster shot. Nothing, nothing, nothing.

Sewing

I spent the afternoon sewing on the doll's dress and it is almost done. 


The bodice lining needs to be hand sewn down, the back seam sewn up, hemmed, and the buttons sewn on the back. It should be done today. 

I got the to do list done up this morning. I was late as it isn't a small list that I knew I wouldn't forget. But, it is a record of what I've sewn and knit during the year. 

Knitting

I finished grandson's socks last night. They are really nice socks that I am very proud of. They look funny as usual as the ribbing sucks them in to looking skinny and long.

One more pair to knit before Christmas and then a break to read books.

Today

I am heading out to shop and return items. I want to finish the dress and start the last pair of socks. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment