Monday, December 13, 2021

Kitchen Aid Cover Completed

 Yesterday, the temperature was 15.2C at midnight and it cooled off most of the day. It didn't rain during the day and the wind did blow some. It wasn't a bad day, just one you don't really think about much. This morning it was 4C and one weather site says snow flurries and the other says sunshine. We wait and see. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned the dining area yesterday, got the two table runners out, the tree up, and the back drop for the cardinal decorations set up. It was a busy morning as there was lots to put away before I could decorate. 

There were 111 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. We have a briefing at 3 p.m. today which I am sure is an update on the situation at the universities in the province. 

Sewing

I finished the Kitchen Aid mixer cover and am pleased with it. Lining it the way I did hid all the seams and adding the binding to the bottom was brilliant. I do like this cover.


It fits well. The amount of work is a lot due to the fact all the pieces of the outer and lining fabrics were cross hatched. Once that was done, the sewing together was easy if you followed the directions.
I need to make one for my Kitchen Aid. 

I dug out the pattern, found a side seam pocket pattern and tutorial and am now ready to sew grandson's pyjama pants. The fabric is a nice flannel in a plaid. 

I will be spending time matching the plaid. Once cut out, it will be easy to sew up. A fast and easy pattern (Butterick 6534). The pockets are here. Grandson wants pockets to put his insulin pump into at night. Great idea. 

I have joined a group to declutter the sewing room. Yup, I'm in. It is mainly for quilters but I'm going to adapt it for me. It starts Jan. 1 but I'm going to grunge out the closet starting next week. It is an area that I clean up but never declutter. I need a full week in that closet as it is full of thoughts. I will have a book to put my ideas into so I can revisit them in 2022. I need to decide what I can keep, what needs to go, and if I will ever get through all the ideas and projects floating in my head. Once I deal with that area, I will be ready to tackle the rest of the room. 

Knitting

I finished the first sock to doing the Kitchener stitch to close the toe. 

The second sock has about 1/4 of the toe knit. They will soon be done. I will do any adjustments to the pattern on the next pattern for this person. 

I have an idea of what I want to knit next. I need to find the yarn in the stash and get started. 

Today

I have to be out and do a few things today. This afternoon I want to start laying out the pyjamas, listen to the briefing, and knit tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment