Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A New Knitting Project Started

Yesterday saw sunshine, clouds, wind, snow, and ice pellets. It was cold out as the wind made the 7C feel a lot colder than it was. This morning it was -4C and we are to have sunshine and a high of -1C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was spent sweeping floors and mopping them using Swiffer cloths. The grime coming off clean floors is sort of discouraging but I will keep doing them every couple of days until I can scrub them on my hands and knees. 

I did get another table ready for the Nativity scene and that is as far as I got. Another day of tiredness due to sleeping poorly. There are night crews just over a kilometer away working on the highway and the trucks are noisy. I wake up and can't get back to sleep. 

Yesterday there were 127 new cases of the virus reported, the 5th day of over 100 cases a day. There is evidence that a rugby tournament in Ontario (deemed a super spreader) may be the place where the Omicron variant was brought back into Nova Scotia. Another province who sent a team also has a cluster of the virus. This variant certainly is proving that is spreads fast and quickly. 

Sewing

The pyjama pants are cut out as are the pockets for them. The video has been watched on adding pockets and I'm planning the steps in my head. Two afternoons and they should be done. 

Knitting

I started a headband last night using this pattern. The yarn is one daughter bought last year and is 50% cotton 50% polyester. I have never done English ribbing. Once I got the hang of it, it was fun to do. A bit of thinking but not too much.

With the slip stitches and then knitting them and another stitch together on the next row makes for a thick warm ribbing. If I have to make it wider, all I have to do is cast on multiples of 3 stitches. I'm quite liking this pattern.

Today

I am going to bring up the decorations this morning before I take the Spousal Unit for his booster shot. I'll do a bit of decorating, sew on the pyjama pants, and knit tonight.

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment