Sunday, December 05, 2021

Learning New Techniques

 Our weather has been cooler than normal. Yesterday the high got to -1.7C and this morning it is -7C. It is calm and we've had snow. It is suppose to get to 1C today.

Lifestyle

I'm, once again, behind on housework. I've done a bit but not a lot. Yesterday I sewed in the morning and then we hung the lights outside. By the time we were done, we were cold. It took a bit for us to warm up. The lights didn't come on at dusk so I was out fixing that and it was operator error. No pictures were taken as it was too cold to be outside. 

Sewing

I've got one part of the mixer cover cross hatched. The 2nd piece is ready to go and there are 4 more pieces after that. I am not taking pictures at the moment as the thread is a perfect match to the fabric and hard to see. 

Knitting

I have been knitting away on the socks. I have about 15 rounds left to go on sock #2 and then I will be starting the heel flaps. 


The heel flaps will be the same color as the cuff. The foot is the same color as the leg and the toes are the same color as the cuff.

I have learned something new on these socks -- The row I change colors on is a plain knit row so the color change is smooth looking. I also learned to remove the jog in the color change row. It is very similar to the first technique on this tutorial

Today

I am going to vacuum the floors this morning, sew some this afternoon and knit tonight. Grandson is here for part of the day so we will be visiting with him some. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment