Wednesday, December 22, 2021

More Restrictions

 Yesterday was a nice day with some sunshine, clouds, and a high of 4C. This morning it was -6C and it is to warm up and rain this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

It was the Winter Solstice yesterday and we had 8:45 hours of sunlight. It isn't as bad here as we are further south but we use to look forward to this day when we lived in northern BC. There is just under 7 hours of daylight in Dawson Creek today. 

We headed out yesterday morning to get Elliott his cat food. The vet has a restriction of 3 people in the clinic at one time. I got in, got the canned food and was out in less than 5 minutes as there was no one in the front of the clinic. It took longer to drive to the vet than that as we had to go the long way around. 

At home, I did some cleaning, vacuumed the floors and washed them. They were grungy once again. I did right down to the basement and got it done by noon. I then gathered all the Christmas gifts and got them down onto the cutting table. They are now ready to wrap. I also have a list of items to bake and household chores to do.

We watched the briefing yesterday and there are more restrictions in place until at least Jan. 12, 2022. My plan of shopping at 7 am is a good one as stores are back to 50% capacity with directional arrows in place. 

There were 522 new cases announced yesterday and most are in the Halifax area. People are doing a rapid test before going out. They are finding out that by the third day they are positive and have been spreading the virus for a few days prior to testing positive. Nova Scotians are great at getting tested and, once again, are overwhelming the system. Almost 9000 PCR tests were processed yesterday. Then rapid testing both at pop up sites and at home. There are now new rules around testing. We are happy we have slowed down and are staying at home. Day 4 was easier and we are enjoying the short drives we are taking. It helps to break the day up. 

Sewing

None in the books until later on unless masks show up to have a third layer put into them. The test pattern hasn't shown up so all is calm in that department. I will start cleaning the sewing room after Christmas as there is too much to do right now. 

Knitting

I got the thumb gusset done and I'm not happy with it. So I'm going to frog this mitten and start again. I will start with larger needles as I think it is a bit small for my hand. For the gusset I will do a different increase as this one is leaving holes. Other than that, I am enjoying the pattern and the videos. There is no rush to finish these mittens so starting again makes me do a better job on them. 

Today

I have to sweep floors, do laundry, wrap presents, and start the mittens again. I need to focus on the jobs at hand which means no drive today. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment