Saturday, December 18, 2021

Pyjama Pants Done

 Yesterday was a lovely day with a high of 11.4C. The blustery winds came up in the afternoon. This morning it is 0C and the wind is still blustery. We are to have some sunshine and a high of 0C. 

Lifestyle

I got a load of laundry on before I had to go for my booster shot. I put it in the dryer late yesterday afternoon and it is ready for folding. 

I got my booster yesterday and all went well. Just the usual side effects of a sore arm and a few aches and pains. I was also tired in the afternoon. I slept for 7 hours during the night so know the vaccine is working.

The Spousal Unit was really tired in the late afternoon. He was complaining about it and I noticed he was pale. I got supper ready and as soon as he ate, he was fine. He had low blood sugar from eating his lunch too early. 

Christmas day meals were discussed and it's all under control. We are keeping it easy though there is a turkey being cooked. I will start baking tomorrow. 

There were 394 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Scary numbers but there are only 2 people who have gone to the hospital with this outbreak. There are 7 people (2 in ICU) in the hospital at this time which is great.

Sewing

I was downstairs to put the elastic in grandson's pyjama pants and got them done in 15 minutes. 

Sewing is officially done for this year though I may make something else if the pattern comes out to be tested. 

Knitting

The headband is done and I'm pleased with it. 

I loved it so much I started another one. I am using up some left over yarn that is in the stash. 

The yarn is grey ombre and is knitting up a bit wider than the previous one but I'm pleased with it so far. 

I will be giving these away. I enjoy how easy they are to knit and am watching shows while knitting on them. 

Today

We have made a decision to start staying home and only going out to get groceries and to the pharmacy. Today we are heading out to get apples and the Spousal Unit wants to get a supply of books to read. No other stops are planned. What else gets done depends on how tired I am this afternoon. If okay, I will make butter tarts, if not I will rest. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment