Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Masks Again

Yesterday was cool with a high of -2.7C. There was sunshine which was nice. The temperature at 8 p.m. was -6C and this morning was 0C. We are to have 4C, showers, and wind. We are under a special weather statement for rain tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

I was out in the morning to get groceries. The store wasn't busy until I went to pay. I was happy to be out of there. I am sure it was busy for the best part of the day. The goal is not to shop until the end of the month.

At home, we got all the groceries put away and then I rested for a bit before lunch. After lunch, the Spousal Unit shoveled the deck while I vacuumed part of the house. We then went for a short drive to get out of the house. 

There were 485 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Not a huge jump from the day before but there are enough active cases that restaurants in the city are starting to close their doors so staff and owners can enjoy Christmas. 

Sewing

No sewing was done though I did look at the blog and am going to be updating it by Jan. 1. Some tabs will be gone, new ones added for 2022. A couple will be revamped and one will be put back up as I want to add to it. 

The last Christmas box arrived from daughter. In it was the fabric for her quilt which is gorgeous. There was also a piece of fabric to make a reusable shopping bag. Ideas are floating around in my head for this bag. 

I will be back to sewing masks once again as people need 3 layer masks. Once I get what is needed, I will be cutting them out and sewing them. I may have to visit our neighbor to buy her third layer fabric. With the fabric store closed until Jan. 4, I have to use what I have wisely. 

Knitting

I got out the needles and the yarn and started the mittens yesterday. The yarn is lovely and soft to knit with. 

It states it is a 2 weight but it is a 3 weight which is perfect. I cast on the largest size of mittens in the 3 weight (DK) and got the first cuff knit. 


I have 30 rows knit (4 inches) and am ready to start the thumb gusset. Once I start knitting on the larger needles, I will start the 2nd cuff. I watched the video on the cuff and am ready to start watching the video on the thumb gusset. I am enjoying this as much as the other knits I have been doing. I'm not feeling rushed at all. 

Today

I have to vacuum the rest of the house, wash floors, wrap presents and knit. I am going to find the third layer fabric in the stash so I can start masks. The only trip out is to get cat food for Elliott. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment