Friday, December 10, 2021

Blink And The Weather Changes

 The weather has been interesting since I last blogged. We had a cool but sunny day on Tuesday and a grey day Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon it started to snow and blow. About 6" of snow fell and it didn't stop until yesterday afternoon. This morning it was -14C. We could have snow flurries, sunshine, and clouds today. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit went out and did a bit of shoveling before breakfast. We looked out and our friend's two boys were over here shoveling the driveway. The Spousal Unit went out to help them after he ate. He also did the deck by himself. They did a great job. In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit shoveled the driveway and deck again. There was just over an inch of snow. 

I made butter tarts in the morning and they turned out perfect. Not too sweet either. They are in the freezer and I need to get a few items to make more plus lemon tarts. 

There were 52 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There is an outbreak at one of the universities due to a ring ceremony which accounts for most of the cases in the province. 

Sewing

On Wednesday, I made dog bandanas. The cutting out was easy but I had major issues with the serger. The thread broke for some unknown reason and I had to rethread the machine. I was using rayon embroidery thread and it can be uncontrollable. After an hour of threading using the manual's diagrams, I got it right and in less that 20 minutes had all the bandanas done. 

The fourth one was a large sized one and is gone to its new owner. These 3 are going to daughter for their dogs.

The last piece of fabric for the mixer cover was cross hatched yesterday. The main pieces are ready to be cut down to size and then I can start sewing the parts together. I am loving the look and can't wait to show the finished product. 

On Tuesday we stopped at the quilt shop to get a fabric for quilts for daughter and son-in-law. 

I now have 4 quilts to make in 2022. I will be a tad busy. 

Knitting

Both of the socks have the gusset knit and the first sock has a few rows of the foot knit. The picture is of the first sock when the gusset was completed. 

They are fun socks.

Today

I need to do laundry and some housework. I want to start sewing the mixer cover together and work some more on the socks. If it isn't too cold this afternoon, we will go to the post office and mail the bandanas. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment