Monday, December 27, 2021

Thinking of Bag Making

 Yesterday's high got to 1.8C and it didn't feel that bad as there was less wind. This morning it was 1C and the high is to be 1C with sunshine. 

Lifestyle

After tidying up the house and putting Christmas presents away, we crashed on the couch and napped until noon. We both had slept poorly from too many sweet treats. By the evening we were a pair of bears snarling at each other. We did get over it and slept well with me logging in 7 hours of sleeping without waking up. 

We worked on the puzzle yesterday afternoon and I have half of the edge done. One more afternoon and I will have it together. 

There were 1147 new cases of the virus reported for Dec. 25 and 26th. The number of new cases is decreasing slowly and we hope it will continue to do so. 

Sewing

I did go down to the sewing room yesterday and put together a bag of thread for a girl who lives near our daughter. She got a sewing machine for Christmas. 

Next will be fabric she can practice sewing on. 

Daughter sent me a pattern for a bag and a book on different types of bags. One caught my attention and I will be making it. 

I will be making the bottom part using a dog fabric and the top will be a textured plain fabric as will the handles and tab. I will add a button to the tab. I'm looking forward to making this bag. I can't get the top fabric until the quilt shop opens on Jan. 4.

Knitting

I knit some on the mitten and am ready to start decreasing. I am pleased with them and they will be nice over light gloves. An added layer of protection. 

No plans on what to knit next. 

Today

The turkey carcass is going on to become stock and soup this morning. I am going to make several masks while the stock is simmering. This afternoon we may take down the lights but aren't certain. We wait to see if the wind is blowing or not. If blowing, I will start cleaning the sewing room closet. It needs to be cleaned out. I hope to finish the first mitt tonight. 

Until the next time...................................................

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ann, did you post a pattern for the masks you are making? I'm still looking for a better one!

    ReplyDelete