Monday, December 20, 2021

Slowing Down and Staying Home Is Hard

Yesterday was a snow day with about 3" of the white stuff falling. It got to -1.0C. This morning it was -4C and it is to get to -2C. No snow they say but we wait and see. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit got the driveway cleared off in good time yesterday. He enjoyed his time outside being busy. 

I made cookies in the morning. I had made the dough the day before and put it into the fridge. I made 88 cookies that turned out the way I wanted them to. Having cold dough was the answer to them not spreading out too thin. 

In the early afternoon we delivered a tin of the cookies to family. We didn't stay long as they were busy. We came home and boredom set in. I had cleaned the kitchen right after lunch and between us we had nothing to do but knit and read. And make dinner. Slowing down and staying home is hard but we did it. Day 1 is in the books. 

There were 476 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Hospitalizations are low which is a good sign that most people are not very ill. 

Sewing

We have been talking about what I will be making next year. I'm getting itchy fingers to start cleaning so I can make my list. With parcels arriving today and tomorrow, I will start wrapping presents this afternoon. Once done, I will start cleaning the room. 

Knitting

I finished the second headband.

Both will go to daughter.

I am going to start a pair of mitts next.

Today

I am heading out after breakfast to grocery shop and pick up medications. Once home, I will vacuum and mop floors and get a load of laundry on. I hope to start wrapping presents this afternoon. Tonight I will start the mitts. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment