Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Socks Are Done

 Yesterday had a high of 8C. There was no rain or snow and just some wind. This morning it was 5C and the wind is blowing. I'm not sure what is coming it but................. it is not a day to be outside a lot.

Lifestyle

I headed out yesterday after breakfast and did over an hours worth of chores. Paid a bill, bought cat food, groceries and mailed a letter. We were back out before lunch for a few more groceries at the other grocery store. 

There were 114 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. I kind of knew it wasn't good when Dr. Strang wore his Grinch wearing a Santa hat tie. There are 40 cases of the omicron variant in the province. All are in the Eastern health zone. Public health is waiting to see if there are more cases. Two more universities have stopped in person exams due to cases or students waiting to get or receive their results for the virus. To add to the list a team was at a university in Ontario where there is a surge of cases of the virus. It is now linked to our outbreak.

To help control the virus, restrictions are in place once again. Not like last year but restrictions none the less. Most pertain to schools, sports, restaurants, gathering size, physical distancing, and masking. We have been at this spot before and will continue to follow the restrictions. 

With the news and the video being of poor quaility, the Spousal Unit went into a deep depression. After dinner, we got into the car and drove around to look at Xmas lights. It did help an lot and he is back to his normal self again this morning. The news stressed me and I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room. My first job was to insert the 2nd needle into the serger so I can use a 4 thread finish on grandson's pyjama pants. Not as hard as I thought as I found the tool to insert the needle. A bit of tweaking on the tension and all is working good. 

I got one front and back laid out and cut. They are now on the fabric and pinned down to cut out the other half. I spent a lot of time lining up the plaids going around. Once they are cut out, I will cut out 4 pockets and start sewing. Fussy cutting is slow as I spend a lot of time measuring, moving, lining up and moving again. I think it is right and realize it isn't and start over again. I'm hoping the end result will look good. 

Knitting

The socks are done. I spent quite a bit of time making sure I wove the ends in neatly without any bulk. I am pleased with the end result and when the recipient tries them on, I will make adjustments for the next socks. I may do 6 rows less on the foot for sure and will look at the heel length. 

There isn't enough yarn left to make a doll's sweater. That is good use of yarn. 

I am now going to clean up the sock tools and get out the yarn to make a headband. I'm trying this pattern. Heavier yarn and bigger needles will be a change of pace for me. 

Today

I am going to do more cleaning, start sewing on the pyjama pants, and knit tonight. We may go out for a bit today. It depends on the weather. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment