Friday, December 17, 2021

Project Progress

 Our weather has gone from -5C on Tuesday morning to 8C this morning. We woke to snow yesterday morning and this morning it is almost all gone. Today it is suppose to get to 10C and then cool off again. 

Lifestyle

With snow on the ground yesterday, the Spousal Unit was out shoveling snow before we left. I thought he'd be the only one doing it but our neighbor was out doing his also. 

The Spousal Unit got his booster shot yesterday as I had the wrong date on the calendar. His arm is sore this morning and I'm sure he will have a nap this afternoon (he did yesterday) as this is part of how he reacts to the vaccine. 

I finished the Xmas decorating and just need to put a tub away and do a bit of housework. I also need to do baking which I hope to start tomorrow morning. 

I slept better last night as there was no night construction in our area. I ended up being overly tired yesterday afternoon and was happy to sleep much better last night. 

There were 287 cases of the virus reported yesterday. I guess we are seeing the after effects of the X-ring ceremony still and may see high numbers for more days to come. Restrictions come in this morning to help slow the spread of the virus in many venues. 

Sewing

I almost finished grandson's pyjama bottoms. I need to put in the elastic and sew the opening closed and done. I was almost 3 hours working on them to get them to that point. A good 45 minutes to finish but I had to make dinner. I'll take pictures when they are done. 

I am really pleased with the pockets. When I sewed the side seams together I spent quite a bit of time doing a good job at the pivot points. When clipped, I used fray check on them and ironed the seams open. You cannot see the pockets they are so nice. The instructions are great.

Knitting

I am almost done the knitting part of the headband. Next will be to bind off and do the twist and sew it together. 

This piece is 18" long and I need to measure it again so I can see if I'm ready to bind off. I need 19.5" and can do 20" if I need to.

The pattern is an easy one to knit. I love the look of the rib as it is pronounced and very thick. 

I can see knitting this headband again when I need an easy pattern.

Today

I'm getting a load of laundry on in a few minutes as I leave about 9:30 a.m. to get my booster shot. I would like to get the elastic into the pyjama pants but I'm not holding my breath on that one. I will knit tonight and probably be in bed early due to the booster shot. I have more of a reaction to it than the Spousal Unit.

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment