Friday, December 24, 2021

Energy Levels Are Low

 It is cold outside this morning at -11C. The snow is just about all gone and we will probably have a green Christmas. 

We have slowed down for 5 days now and we are doing okay. We haven't set foot inside a store since Tuesday when we got Elliott's cat food at the vets. 

I have stressed about the Omicron variant until I had a really good IBS attack yesterday afternoon. Part of the stress has been worrying about staying safe and the other part is trying to come up with a plan if we get covid. 

With 689 new cases and an estimated active case count of 3844, I knew I would have both stress and anxiety. It is leaving me tired once again as we, once again, stop doing things we don't need to do. We had just started to enjoy doing a few things together and had made plans to do a few more things in January. Now everything is on hold. And for who knows how long.

The house is clean and I baked buns yesterday. The deviled eggs have been cooked and the yokes ready to be done today. I have lemon tarts to make also. 

I have 2/3rds of the gifts wrapped. I love Christmas but this year it has been hard to get excited. I think once we get going, the excitement will come. 

I frogged the mitten and have it done to the gusset again. I am happier with it. I used larger needles also.

With the sun shining, I will pick myself up, get what needs to be done, done and enjoy our Christmas Eve dinner of homemade mac and cheese at family's tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment