Sunday, December 19, 2021

We Are Ready To Slow Down

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 3.1C. This morning it was -4C and snowing. It is to snow most of the day and the high is to get to -1C. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to get apples and books. At the feed store we buy apples, there were a few people in the store. Most were buying apples. We got our supply and headed out to the book store. 

The book store had a few people in it so we felt safe. A lady told the Spousal Unit she was buying books so she could stay home only to shop for essentials. The owner of the store said this was a common thread this week; get what you need and stay at home. We said we were doing the same. 

At home, I made butter tarts and got the cookie dough made and into the fridge. I then had a spell of sweating and tiredness and had to rest. Had another one after cleaning up the kitchen and a third one after dinner. The one after cleaning up came with a headache. Hopefully I'm over the side effects. 

There were 426 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Enough to make us really slow down and stay at home more. 

Sewing

I have cleaned off the cutting table to start wrapping presents. I have presents on the table to wrap and need to take down a few more. An afternoon will have them all wrapped and ready to deliver for under the tree. Once that is done, I can start cleaning the sewing room. 

Knitting

I knit on the headband and am about half done. I am happy with how it looks though it is very grey. When done, I am going to start knitting a pair of mitts. I have some lovely wool yarn to use and these will be for me. I love to wear mitts over my Dollar Store gloves when it is cold. 

Today

I have cookies to bake, floors to vacuum and mop, and some laundry to do. If time, I will start to wrap presents, knit and have a stay at home day. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment