Tuesday, December 28, 2021

A Dull Grey Day

 Yesterday was dull and dismal. No sunshine; just grey skies all day. The high got to 0.5C. This morning it is -6C and we are to have periods of snow all day. High is to be 1C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I put the turkey carcass on to boil for soup. The house smelled amazing and I can pick the meat off today. The pot is outside in the freezing cold. 

We went over to see family for a few minutes and they are sick. Not sure if it is a cold or covid. We stayed a few minutes and left. We do not want to be sick with either one. We are hoping it is only a cold. 

I slept in the afternoon due to the greyness. I need to stop that so I am back to using my therapy light. I do not sleep as well at night when I nap in the afternoon. I am going to have to push myself to do things until I break the cycle. 

We did not take down the lights as it was cold with a cold draft coming from the north. The lights are on the north side of the house. 

There were 581 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Our numbers are slowly going down but so is the number of tests being done. This is due to prioritizing PCR tests. Other provinces are doing the same. 

Sewing

I made 3 masks yesterday morning for daughter-in-law. I was done at noon and was pleased to have that off the list. She now has 3 layer masks to wear when out and at work. They were delivered hence why we were at their place. 

I dug into the thrift shop boxes and dug out 2 pieces of fabric to go across Canada. I have also added a container of pins and a tape measure. I will be looking into the stash to find other pieces for her to have. I have a prepaid box I may end up sending to her rather than to daughter.

Knitting

I finished the hand portion of the mitt yesterday and I love it. I picked up the stitches for the thumb and had 2 holes show up. I started again knitting into the back of the stitches and there are no holes to be seen. I'm ready to knit the thumb. 

Today

This morning I plan on cleaning under the sink and a small cupboard beside it. Then it will be soup making in hopes it will be done and cleaned up by noon. In the afternoon, I want to clean off the desk/table in the sewing room. I am starting to declutter and clean a bit at a time on a daily basis. Tonight I plan on knitting the thumb on the glove. I am hoping not to nap today. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment