Thursday, December 02, 2021

Doll Arrived and Dress Completed

 Yesterday was warmer with a high of 3.7C. The sun shone most of the day. This morning it was 0C and there had been a small rain shower. We are to see periods of rain today with a high of 7C. 

Lifestyle

I sat in the sunshine yesterday and it was lovely. I really have missed the sun lately and have been using my SADD light to help me feel less depressed. This is the first winter I've used the light since moving here. 

The Spousal Unit and I worked on the puzzle some yesterday and got a few more pieces put in. All the pieces look the same color now making it harder to get the right one in the right place. 

I got an appointment for my booster shot. After looking and looking and looking one showed up. I have to go to Sackville which is fine by me. 

There were 35 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are travel restrictions on children under 12 for sports and arts events outside the province. Children from other provinces cannot participate in the province either. It is another layer of protection for these children as they are just starting to get vaccinated. I'm waiting to hear what will happen for Christmas this year. 

Sewing

My last doll arrived yesterday. She is lighter skinned than Addy but she is beautiful She reminds me of the African Nova Scotia people I've seen in our area. Her name is Sharon after Addy's best friend Sharon Moore.

I finished the dress and am delighted with it. 


Addy and Sharon are modeling their "Little Women" dresses (Beth and Amy).

Knitting

I got 21 rows knit on the first sock and have set up the 2nd sock to knit the cuff on it. Once done, I will then change colors and knit the leg. I am excited to knit these socks as they will be yellow and green. Using up the last of the yarn from the socks I knit grandson a couple of years ago. 

Today

I am going to be doing housework this morning, starting Christmas presents in the afternoon and knit tonight. With it suppose to rain today, we are staying home. 

Until the the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment