Tuesday, December 07, 2021

The Puzzle Is Done

 Yesterday started off grey and calm and by the afternoon it was raining. The wind blew, the rain was heavy and there was even thunder. It went on until sometime this morning. The high got to 17.1C before midnight and they say 7.2 mm of rain fell (Kentville) and we assume we had a lot more than that. This morning it was 7C, windy but it isn't raining. 

Lifestyle

I got a load of laundry on, the bed changed, and the kitchen cleaned up. Other than that, I spent time finishing the puzzle. It was hard right down to the last 2 pieces. 

With the lighting poor, only 1 person could work on the puzzle at a time. We were so happy it was done, the Spousal Unit took it apart, boxed it up, and shook it up so the pieces are well mixed. It goes to the used book store. 

Day 2 of eating correctly is in the books and I didn't crave sugar as much as I thought I would. I actually drank more water which I think helped. 

There were 45 new cases of the virus and 92 recoveries reported over 3 days yesterday. There are 153 active cases in the province. There is a briefing today. 

Sewing

I have all but one piece cross hatched. I need more batting for it. I cut out the two end pieces and stitched around the edges. 


The thread is a perfect match and you just see the cross hatching. I'm pleased with the progress and it will sew up fairly fast once the last piece is cross hatched and trimmed to the correct size. 

Knitting

The heel flaps and turning the heel are done. The first sock has the gusset stitches picked up and the first row knit. 


Next I will pick up the stitches for the gusset on the 2nd sock and do the first row. Then I will decrease the gussets and do the feet. They are coming along quickly which is nice. 

Today

We are both tired from the wind blowing against the house most of the night. We are heading out to do get some apples, return items and get a couple of things. I will stop at the quilt shop and we want to be home by noon. Not sure how this afternoon will look as we both may need a nap. I would love to set up the last piece of the mixer cover ready to cross hatch. I want to knit tonight.

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment